REGISTERED NURSE, DAY SHIFT
Registered Nurse – Day Shift
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Virtue Recovery Center, Sun City West, Arizona
Education Level: Bachelors
As the Registered Dietitian, you will complete patient nutrition assessments; design, implement, and continuously monitor each patients’ nutrition care plan; serve as part of the patient care team; and provide nutrition recommendations as needed. Continuously provides nutrition education to patients and staff.
Essential Duties Include:
- Perform initial patient nutrition assessment and order diet, tube feeding and/or supplements utilizing approved format and within specified time frames.
- Meet with patients at least one time weekly to provide nutrition counseling and education and to review compliance with nutrition recommendations.
- Monitor weight daily and make appropriate changes to meal plan and/or tube feeding/supplements to assure appropriate weight restoration/maintenance/loss.
- Prepare materials and educate patients, as required per program schedule and documenting per facility protocol.
- Create and implement staff training as requested to improve patient care.
- Represent Virtue Recovery Center at Virtue Recovery Center as requested to educate the family members and professionals.
- Review and monitor patient menus, diet orders and tube feeding/ supplements on an ongoing basis to ensure nutrition needs are met.
- Ensure all aspects of nutrition care are provided in compliance with regulatory and certification standards.
Education, Skills & Experience Requirements:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition science, foods and nutrition, food service systems management, or a related area.
Master’s Degree highly preferred, from an accredited, four-year college or university, with a major in foods and nutrition
Registered with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- 1 year of related experience in a health care setting is preferred. Eating disorder experience not required, willing to train. Experience with eating disorders will result in a higher compensation.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of information, multi-task, coordinate projects and record/transcribe general and specific meeting minutes.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Tuesday – Saturday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sun City West, AZ 85375: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Registered Dietitian Certification (Preferred)
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.