REGISTERED NURSE, DAY SHIFT
Registered Nurse – Day Shift
- Health Ins.
- Dental Ins.
- $35.00 to $45.00 per hour
- Vision Ins.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- $250.00 sign on bonus on first check
- $250.00 after retention of 3 months
Reports to Director of Nursing, administers and facilitates patient care, and works in conjunction with facility Medical Director and other interdisciplinary personnel.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To The Following:
- Patient Care
- Administer medications (PO, IM, Subcutaneous, transdermal (PPD)
- Administer injections when ordered (Tuberculin)
- Manage prescriptions based on MD orders
- Ordering and picking up prescriptions
- Coordinate communication with facility MD
- Medical intake assessments with new client admits
- Patient education in conjunction with MD
- Check PPD results and facilitate further action when necessary
- Obtain verbal orders from MD when required
- Fax prescription orders to appropriate pharmacies
- Works in conjunction with MD for daily assessments and follow ups.
- Document client assessments (nursing notes, progress notes, patient education, vitals, systems assessments, etc.)
- Knowledge of how to document on a medication log (MAR)
- Update MAR’s and patient status forms/progress notes
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications For Position:
- College Degree from an accredited school of Nursing – Registered Nurse
- At least one year experience in an equivalent position
- Must present good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have knowledge of recovery and addictions
- Must have knowledge of psychiatric conditions
Certificates, Licenses, And Registration:
- Registered Nurse License
Must have reasonable ability to do the following:
- Stand, walk and sit during assigned shift hours.
- Can manually handle patient belongings with gloved hands.
- Be able to manually assess a patient as part of a physical exam.
- Reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Speak and have access to the special senses within normal limits (hear, taste, smell, etc.) as it applies to patient care.
- Must be capable of lifting to 20 pounds.
Work environment may include exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Employees with potential access to protected health information must comply with all procedures and guidelines governed by HIPPA.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.