Do Outpatient Rehab Centers in Texas Take Insurance?
“Does health insurance cover outpatient rehab in Texas?” In short, yes. Outpatient rehab programs in Texas provide a flexible and affordable option for those seeking substance abuse treatment or addiction recovery. These programs offer various services, such as counseling, group therapy, and medication-assisted treatment, all while you maintain your daily routines and responsibilities.
What is Texas Known For?
Texas is the United States’ second most populous state, with over 30 million citizens as of 2023.1 With 85% of individuals living in three of the largest cities: Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio, the saying “everything’s bigger in Texas” rings true.
The history of the Lone Star state goes back thousands of years. Spanish explorers arrived in the 16th century, followed by French and English explorers in the 17th and 18th centuries. Various indigenous cultures had previously inhabited the region.2
When it comes to entertainment, San Antonio lays claim to The Alamo, while Dallas is home to Highland Park Village, America’s first shopping center3 and premiere destination. Upscale boutiques and barbecue come together at this historic, eighty-year-old site for the quintessential Texas experience. Additional notable structures include Austin’s State Capitol building and Houston’s San Jacinto Monument and Space Center.
Texas's economy mainly relies on oil and gas production as it is the top producer of crude oil in the United States. Other important industries include manufacturing, technology, healthcare, and agriculture. Texas also has many ports along the Gulf of Mexico coast, making it a significant player in international trade.
Additionally, college football continues to have enduring popularity in Texas. State universities like the University of Texas in Austin, Texas A&M University, and Texas Tech compete for the attention of football fans with private schools such as Baylor and Texas Christian University (TCU). In addition, three of Texas' premier professional sports clubs are the San Antonio Spurs, Houston Astros, and Dallas Cowboys. AT&T Stadium, the biggest dome in the world, is where the Cowboys play their home games.4 It also features its own contemporary art collection.
What is Outpatient Treatment?
Outpatient treatment is a form of addiction recovery that allows individuals to receive care while living at home. This type of treatment is ideal for those who have already completed a residential program and need additional support, or those who are not in need of 24-hour care. Outpatient programs typically involve regular visits to the rehab center for individual and group therapy sessions, as well as medication management and other treatments.
Outpatient treatment can be an effective way to maintain sobriety after completing a residential program, as it provides ongoing support and accountability. In contrast, inpatient treatment requires admission to a medical facility and often involves more intensive care than outpatient treatment.
What is Rehab Insurance Coverage?
Regarding addiction treatment and rehab services, rehab insurance coverage refers to what your health insurance policy will pay for. Depending on your policy, it may cover the entire cost of treatment or only a portion of it. This could include inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab, medication-assisted treatment, detoxification services, and more.
The amount of coverage the insured receives can vary depending on many factors, including the specific rehab facility and the healthcare needs. Call 866-461-3339 for more details on what your particular insurance policy covers, including any exclusions or limitations.
Does Insurance Cover Outpatient Rehab in Texas?
Yes, insurance may cover outpatient rehab in Texas. Many insurance policies in Texas include coverage for substance abuse and addiction treatment, including outpatient services. However, the extent of coverage can vary depending on your policy, the specific rehab program, the services received, and more. Fortunately, the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 20085 requires most insurance plans to provide equal coverage for mental health and substance abuse treatment as they do for other medical conditions. It’s important to know your rights under this law.
Understanding what services are covered and what out-of-pocket costs you may be responsible for before beginning treatment is essential. To determine the details of your outpatient rehab insurance coverage for treatment in Texas, contact us at 866-461-3339.
Check Your Insurance for Outpatient Addiction Treatment
You can check your insurance coverage levels for outpatient drug or alcohol addiction rehab by calling us on 866-461-3339 or by using the form below.
Our admissions coordinators will interact directly with your insurance provider on your behalf, removing from your shoulders the burden of figuring out if your insurance will pay for your addiction treatment.
Outpatient Rehab Centers in Texas That Take Insurance
Virtue Recovery Center has been saving lives from substance abuse and restoring psychological health with multiple treatment locations in several states, including two nationally accredited luxury facilities in Texas. These evidence-based rehabilitation facilities provide care for those suffering from addiction, dual diagnosis, psychological disorders, and underlying trauma.
Learn more about our Texas-based rehab centers via the links below:
How Much Does Outpatient Rehab Cost with Insurance?
The cost of outpatient addiction rehab with insurance in Texas can differ widely depending on many variables, including your policy and the duration of the program. However, according to the National Center for Drug Abuse Statistics, you can expect to pay $5,000 on average for a three-month outpatient rehab program.6
Insurance coverage for outpatient rehab can range from covering the total cost of treatment to only covering a portion. In addition, some insurance plans may have deductibles, copayments, or coinsurance that you are responsible for paying.
We at Virtue Recovery Center can verify your insurance benefits for outpatient rehab in Texas. Call 866-461-3339 for more information.
How To Check My Insurance Coverage Levels for Outpatient Rehab Treatment
We can assist you in navigating the insurance system, advocating for your rights, and submitting claims. Verify insurance coverage levels quickly by completing our no-obligation online form. One of our compassionate coordinators will contact you shortly to review your policy and explain your options for outpatient insurance coverage.
How To Get My Insurance to Pay for Outpatient Rehab Treatment
If you are seeking outpatient rehab services for substance abuse or addiction, be sure to review your insurance policy to understand what coverage is available. You can do this with one of our helpful admissions coordinators today by calling 866-461-3339. Take the time to familiarize yourself with the specific benefits that apply to your situation.
Inquire about any copayments, deductibles, or prior authorization requirements that may apply. This information will help you make an informed decision about which outpatient clinic to choose. If pre-authorization is required, work with your healthcare provider or the outpatient rehab center to obtain it. This step is crucial to ensure you don't risk denial, loss of coverage, or unexpected costs.
If your insurance requires a referral, contact your primary care physician or mental health provider to obtain one. Then, research in-network rehab centers in your area that offer your needed services. Contact the center to confirm they accept your insurance and verify what services are covered under your policy. Finally, once you have verified your insurance coverage and obtained any necessary authorizations, you can receive outpatient rehab services.
Remember that insurance coverage for outpatient rehab can vary widely. Therefore, review your policy carefully, ask questions, and work with your healthcare provider or rehab center to receive the care you need while minimizing out-of-pocket costs. You can receive the treatment you need to beat addiction and achieve sobriety with careful preparation and attention to detail.
Get immediate treatment help now. 100% safe & confidential.
Contact us to schedule a free confidential assessment with a licensed clinician.
How Many Times Will Insurance Pay for Outpatient Rehab?
Insurance policies may have varying limits on outpatient rehab visits and yearly coverage, with some providing unlimited coverage for medically necessary services. However, mental health and substance abuse treatment cannot be subjected to more restrictive coverage limits compared to other medical conditions by insurance companies. When you verify your rehab insurance details, ask about any existing limitations.
Can You Go to Outpatient Rehab Without Insurance?
Yes. In Texas, many rehab centers provide services on a sliding scale fee basis or offer payment plans to make treatment affordable for people with limited or no insurance coverage. If you fall under this category, it's essential to research local rehab centers and ask about their fees and payment options.
The following are some additional alternatives for outpatient rehab without insurance in Texas:
- Contact your state's Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) office: SAMHSA is a government agency that provides information and resources for individuals seeking addiction treatment. In addition, they can provide a 7
- Single state agencies (SSAs): The state government organizations that coordinate treatment services for those without insurance or with limited financial resources are listed in this directory along with their contact information.8
- Search online: If you're looking for low-cost or free rehabilitation programs, you can find information about their services and locations on their websites. To search for these programs, use keywords like "free outpatient rehab near me" or "low-cost substance abuse rehab in my area" and include your specific location in Texas.
- Speak with your healthcare provider: Your primary care physician or a mental health professional may be able to provide you with information on complimentary outpatient addiction treatment within your vicinity.
- Reach out to non-profit organizations: Some non-profit organizations offer free addiction treatment services. Contact them to see if they have non-profit outpatient rehab programs or know of a free rehab program near you.
- Ask for recommendations: Reach out to support groups or individuals in recovery to ask for recommendations for free local rehab centers.
The cost of outpatient rehab treatment may seem like a burden, but it's crucial to remember that investing in your health and well-being is vital. There are resources available to make treatment more accessible and affordable, so don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it. The cost of addiction rehab should never prevent you from receiving potentially life-saving treatment.
If you or someone close to you is considering treatment for drug or alcohol addiction, we are here to help you obtain the best possible coverage and care. In addition, we will work with you to create an affordable payment plan for unexpected expenses. Call 866-461-3339 now.
Statistics on Addiction and Mental Health Rehab
- In 2019, an estimated 1.7 million Americans aged 12 or older received treatment for a substance use disorder at an outpatient facility, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).9
- 7 million American adults received mental health treatment in the past year. This figure includes inpatient, outpatient, and prescription medications.10
- The proportion of persons 18 and older who received outpatient mental health care went from 7.4% in 2002 (or 15.5 million people) to 8.3% in 2019 (or 20.6 million people).
- Approximately 82% of substance abuse treatment centers offer outpatient care.11
- As of 2020, the United States has 4,941 outpatient mental health facilities.12
- The National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services (N-SSATS) found that in 2019, the most commonly reported primary treatment focus for outpatient facilities was alcohol abuse (67%), followed by drug abuse (49%).13
- The most commonly used types of therapy in outpatient substance use disorder treatment included cognitive-behavioral therapy (72%), individual counseling (63%), and group counseling (62%).
- According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), drug use costs the US upwards of $600 billion each year. The economic burden would significantly decrease if everyone suffering from substance abuse committed to some degree of care, whether in an outpatient program or otherwise.14
- Most patients in substance abuse treatment centers in the United States have drug problems, while a smaller proportion has alcohol plus drug problems or solely alcoholism. However, there is a high rate of co-occurring mental and drug abuse issues among people in treatment for substance addiction.
- A study published in the Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment in 2019 found that people who received outpatient substance use disorder treatment had lower hospitalization rates, emergency department visits, and healthcare costs than those who received inpatient treatment.15
Check Your Insurance Coverage With Virtue Recovery Center
If you’re committed to recovery, submit a request to one of our professional admission coordinators today using the form below. Before discussing the next steps, a coordinator will address any inquiries regarding our programs, including interacting directly with your insurance provider on your behalf to check your insurance coverage levels for drug or alcohol addiction rehab.
Using your Health Insurance Card, fill out all of the fields on the confidential form.
A member of our staff will contact your insurer to verify if your policy will cover your treatment
We will contact you promptly with the results of the verification and discuss the next steps
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note that this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee that payment or verification eligibility will be accurate and complete as conveyed by your health insurance provider. Payment of benefits is subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at the time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. Suppose your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary or that a specific service is not covered under your plan. In that case, your insurer will deny payment for that service, and it will become your responsibility.
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note, this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee payment or verification eligibility as conveyed by your health insurance provider will be accurate and complete. Payment of benefits are subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services that it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. If your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary, or that a particular service is not covered under your plan, your insurer will deny payment for that service and it will become your responsibility.
- “Texas Population, 2023.” World Population Review, 2023 https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/texas-population
- Kiffel-Alcheh, Jamie. “Texas.” National Geographic Kids, 23 June 2021, kids.nationalgeographic.com/geography/states/article/texas.
- “The Highland Park Village Legacy”, Highland Park Village, 2023. https://hpvillage.com/legacy/
- “AT&T Stadium Tours presented by SeatGeek” Dallas Cowboys, 2023. https://attstadium.com/tours/
-  “The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA).” Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Programs-and-Initiatives/Other-Insurance-Protections/mhpaea_factsheet. Accessed 4 Apr. 2023
-  Stilkind, Joseph. “Average Cost of Drug Rehab : By Type, State and More.” NCDAS, 1 Jan. 2023, drugabusestatistics.org/cost-of-rehab
-  U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). “Millions of Americans Have Mental and Substance Use Disorders. Find Treatment Here.” FindTreatment.gov, findtreatment.gov. Accessed 24 Apr. 2023.
- “Directory of Single State Agencies (SSA) for Substance Abuse Services.” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), 6 Dec. 2016, www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/ssadirectory.pdf.
-  “Key Substance Use and Mental Health Indicators in the United States: Results From the 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health.” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), 2019, www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/reports/rpt29393/2019NSDUHFFRPDFWHTML/2019NSDUHFFR090120.htm.
-  “Mental Health Treatment or Therapy Among American Adults 2002-2021 | Statista.” Statista, 16 Jan. 2023, www.statista.com/statistics/794027/mental-health-treatment-counseling-past-year-us-adults.
- “Topic: Substance Abuse Treatment and Rehabilitation in the U.S.” Statista, 24 Mar. 2022, www.statista.com/topics/3997/substance-abuse-treatment-and-rehabilitation-in-the-us/#topicOverview.
-  “Mental Health Facilities Number by Facility Type U.S. 2020 | Statista.” Statista, 4 Mar. 2022, www.statista.com/statistics/712614/mental-health-facilities-number-in-the-us-by-facility-type.
-  “Key Substance Use and Mental Health Indicators in the United States: Results From the 2020 National Survey on Drug Use and Health.” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), 2021, www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/reports/rpt35325/NSDUHFFRPDFWHTMLFiles2020/2020NSDUHFFR1PDFW102121.pdf.
-  National Institutes of Health (NIH). “Costs of Substance Abuse.” National Institute on Drug Abuse,archives.nida.nih.gov/research-topics/trends-statistics/costs-substance-abuse. Accessed 14 Apr. 2023.
-  Parthasarathy, Sujaya, et al. “Association of Outpatient Alcohol and Drug Treatment With Health Care Utilization and Cost: Revisiting the Offset Hypothesis.” Journal of Studies on Alcohol, vol. 62, no. 1, Alcohol Research Documentation, Inc., Jan. 2001, pp. 89–97. https://doi.org/10.15288/jsa.2001.62.89.
START YOUR RECOVERY TODAY!
Contact Virtue Recovery Center 24/7 for inpatient treatment near you