Do Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Texas Take Aetna Insurance Policies?
What is Texas Known For?
Texas is the second most populous state in the United States, with over 30 million people as of 2023,1 and 85% of those inhabitants live in urban areas. When you think of Texas, you probably think of cowboys, barbecues, oil, and football. But did you know Texas is a very diverse state with an equally impressive history?
Texas’ unique history and culture set it apart from other states, making it an iconic and influential part of American identity. Originally a part of Mexico, Texas gained independence in 1836 and became its own republic for several years before joining the United States in 1845.
Throughout its history, Texas has been shaped by various influences, including Native American, Spanish, Mexican, and Anglo-American cultures. This diverse cultural heritage is evident in everything from Texas cuisine, which features Tex-Mex and barbecue, to its music, which encompasses everything from country and western to blues and rock and roll.
Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and Fort Worth make up the Lone Star State’s five largest cities today. From world-class entertainment to historical landmarks, like the Alamo, to the expanse of stunning coastline on its southeastern border with the Gulf of Mexico, the second-largest state in the US has something for everyone.
What is Rehab Insurance Coverage?
Rehab insurance coverage is a type of health insurance that offers benefits to those seeking treatment for addiction, mental health issues, or substance abuse. Detoxification, behavioral therapy, medication-assisted treatment, inpatient and outpatient therapies, and other types of specialized care may all be covered by rehab insurance.
The degree of coverage for rehabilitation services may vary depending on the kind of insurance plan, the exact benefits provided, and the specific treatment requirements, among other factors. Rehab insurance coverage is available through employer-sponsored plans, government-sponsored plans like Medicaid, commercial health insurance policies, and combinations.
Who is Aetna?
Aetna is an American-managed healthcare company that provides health insurance products and related services to individuals, employers, and government-sponsored programs. Aetna offers various insurance plans, including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, and behavioral health coverage. They also offer disability, life, and other voluntary insurance products.
Aetna, founded in 1853, is one of the largest health insurance companies in the United States, serving millions of customers across all fifty states. The company has since grown through mergers and acquisitions to become a significant player in the healthcare industry.
In 2018, Aetna was acquired by CVS Health, a large retail pharmacy chain, and now operates as a subsidiary of CVS Health. Aetna aims to help people achieve health and financial security by providing affordable, high-quality healthcare services and products.2
Do Aetna Insurance Plans Cover Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Texas?
Aetna insurance plans typically cover drug and alcohol rehab in Texas. However, the extent of coverage may vary depending on several factors, including your particular policy and treatment needs. Aetna offers various plans, including coverage for behavioral health and substance abuse treatment. In addition, these plans may cover inpatient and outpatient care, detoxification, counseling, medication-assisted treatment, and more.
Do Aetna Insurance Plans Cover Mental Health Rehab in Texas?
Aetna insurance plans generally cover mental health rehab in Texas. Aetna offers various plans, including those that provide coverage for behavioral health and mental health treatment. These plans may include inpatient care and outpatient rehab services, counseling, medication management, and other forms of specialized care.
The extent of coverage will vary from plan to plan according to many factors, including the specific type of treatment needed and the provider.
Check Your Aetna Insurance for Drug and Alcohol Recovery Treatment
Our admissions coordinators will interact directly with your insurance provider on your behalf, removing from your shoulders the burden of figuring out if your insurance will pay for your addiction treatment.
Texas Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab Centers That Take Aetna Insurance Plans
Virtue Recovery Center has been saving lives from substance abuse with multiple treatment locations in several states, including two nationally accredited luxury facilities in Texas. These evidence-based inpatient drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities provide residential care for those with addiction, dual diagnosis, and underlying trauma.
Below are links to our Texas-based Virtue Recovery Centers:
How Much Does Rehab Cost in Texas for Aetna Insurance holders?
Texas rehab costs for those insured by Aetna can vary based on many factors, including the particular Aetna insurance plan and the type and duration of the rehab program. Generally, Aetna insurance policies often pay all or part of the rehab costs.
There may be limits or restrictions on the types of covered programs. For example, some Aetna plans may require prior authorization before covering services, while others may have a specific network of providers that must be used.
Inpatient therapy requires a more extended stay at a treatment facility and is often more expensive than outpatient therapy, which lets you continue living at home while receiving treatment. The typical monthly cost of inpatient rehabilitation with insurance is usually estimated to range from $5,000 to $25,000 or more.3 Again, however, these are only averages that depend upon many variables.
How To Check Aetna Coverage Levels in Texas?
Virtue Recovery Center is happy to verify your insurance coverage levels with Aetna. Simply fill out our no-obligation online form, and allow one of our highly qualified staff members to eliminate the difficulties and wait times associated with calling your insurance provider. We’ll contact you as soon as possible to review your benefits and discuss the next steps.
Virtue Recovery Center is in-network with most major insurance plans, and we have all the answers to the common question: “Do Aetna insurance plans cover rehab in Texas?” In addition, you can rest assured that any information you provide or discuss is entirely confidential.
How To Get My Aetna Insurance To Pay For Rehab Treatment
By following these steps, you can ensure that you are taking the proper course of action to get Aetna to pay for inpatient rehab in Texas:
- Contact Aetna Insurance: Start by allowing one of our admissions coordinators to contact Aetna to confirm your benefits and coverage for rehab treatment.
- Determine what is covered: Find out what types of rehab treatment are covered under your plan. There may be specific requirements, exclusions, or limitations, such as a limit on the number of days or types of treatment.
- Find an in-network provider: Choose from a list of rehab centers in Texas that take Aetna insurance policies. For example, Virtue Recovery Center has two Texas rehabilitation centers that are in-network with Aetna Insurance.
- Get pre-authorization: Aetna may require pre-authorization before covering the cost of rehab treatment. Make sure you understand the process and get pre-authorization if needed.
- Understand your copay and deductible: Make sure you understand what your copay and deductible will be for rehab treatment. These costs will vary depending on your specific insurance plan.
- Provide necessary information: The rehab treatment center may need information from your insurance provider to bill for the treatment. Make sure you provide them with any information required.
If you are still debating starting your recovery journey, start with taking a free drug and alcohol assessment with Virtue Recovery Center today.
How Many Times Will Aetna Pay for Rehab in Texas?
The number of times Aetna will pay for rehab in Texas can vary depending on the specific Aetna insurance plan, your treatment needs, and the medical necessity. Aetna often pays for rehab as long as it is deemed medically necessary, indicating that therapy is required to address a particular condition or illness.
Aetna may also demand reevaluations regularly to assess ongoing medical necessity and coverage. There can also be restrictions on how long a rehab program is covered.
Can You Go To Rehab Without Insurance?
You can go to rehab treatment without insurance. If your insurance does not cover the treatment you need on your path to sobriety, there is no need to be concerned. There are several ways to finance rehabilitation without insurance.
Most treatment centers are happy to offer their clients payment plans and other financial options. In addition, you may be able to pay for it using one or more of the different approaches listed below:
- Sliding Scale Fees: A person's income determines the service costs. The lower your income, the less you'll pay out-of-pocket.
- Community-based groups, nonprofits, or government-funded programs: These programs are usually inexpensive or free and can include a variety of treatments, such as therapy and detoxification. Simply do an Internet search for your state, county, or city to identify low-cost substance use disorder treatment and services in your area.
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs): If employed, your company may have an EAP offering addiction treatment services. EAPs are usually designed to provide support and resources for employees struggling with personal or professional issues.
- Faith-based programs: Some faith-based organizations offer treatment services to individuals seeking help with their addiction. They may incorporate religious or spiritual ideology into their treatment approach.
- Peer support groups: Groups like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) can provide a supportive community for your recovery. These support groups are usually free to attend and are a valuable source of support during the rehab and recovery process.
- Umbrella Policy: a specific insurance policy that extends the liability protection your other insurance plans cannot. Although an umbrella policy usually doesn’t cover addiction treatment, it might offer an added layer of protection for any liability claims resulting from addiction treatment.
Although you might be able to obtain addiction treatment through the above options without insurance, it's crucial to remember that service accessibility and the level of care may vary significantly. Therefore, it is essential to do your research, speak with medical experts, and look for accredited treatment providers to ensure you receive the finest care possible.
Additionally, addiction treatment costs shouldn't stop you from seeking appropriate therapies or recovery programs. Virtue Recovery Center wants to ensure you or a loved one receives the best care available if you or they are considering getting treatment for a drug or alcohol addiction. We'll work with you to create an affordable payment plan for unexpected expenses.
If you're committed to recovery, send a request to one of our qualified admissions coordinators today. Before going over the next steps, a coordinator will respond to any questions about our programs, including pricing and payment option details.
Verify Your Aetna Insurance Coverage With Virtue Recovery Center
If you’re committed to recovery, submit a request to one of our professional admission coordinators today using the form below. Before discussing the next steps, a coordinator will address any inquiries regarding our Texas programs, including interacting directly with Aetna on your behalf to check your insurance coverage levels for drug or alcohol addiction rehab.
Using your Health Insurance Card, fill out all of the fields on the confidential form.
A member of our staff will contact your insurer to verify if your policy will cover your treatment
We will contact you promptly with the results of the verification and discuss the next steps
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note that this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee that payment or verification eligibility will be accurate and complete as conveyed by your health insurance provider. Payment of benefits is subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at the time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. Suppose your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary or that a specific service is not covered under your plan. In that case, your insurer will deny payment for that service, and it will become your responsibility.
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note, this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee payment or verification eligibility as conveyed by your health insurance provider will be accurate and complete. Payment of benefits are subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services that it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. If your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary, or that a particular service is not covered under your plan, your insurer will deny payment for that service and it will become your responsibility.
-  “Texas Population 2023.” World Population Review, 2023, worldpopulationreview.com/states/texas-population.
-  Aetna Inc. “About Us and Company Information.” Aetna, 2023, www.aetna.com/about-us.html.
-  Stilkind, Joseph. “Average Cost of Drug Rehab : By Type, State and More.” NCDAS, 1 Jan. 2023, drugabusestatistics.org/cost-of-rehab
START YOUR RECOVERY TODAY!
Contact Virtue Recovery Center 24/7 for inpatient treatment near you