Do Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers Take TriWest Insurance?
Virtue Recovery Center is in-network with many insurance providers and does accept TriWest insurance. Learn how TriWest Healthcare Alliance can assist in financing addiction treatment, leading to your recovery. The below will answer any questions you may have regarding your TriWest coverage and address any concerns you may have regarding the cost of addiction treatment.
What is Rehab Insurance Coverage?
Rehab insurance coverage, commonly called addiction treatment insurance coverage, describes the particular features in a health insurance policy that cover the expenses of rehabilitation and addiction treatment services. It may also involve counseling, other drug misuse and addiction benefits, inpatient and outpatient therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and treatment with a medical professional.
Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), mental health and substance abuse services must be covered by most insurance companies as essential health benefits.1 This means that most insurance plans cover some level of addiction treatment. However, the extent of coverage varies. Some insurance plans may cover the entire cost of addiction treatment, while others may only cover a portion.
Rehab insurance coverage can help access the treatment needed to overcome addiction and achieve long-term recovery. It’s important to review your insurance policy to understand what is covered and what out-of-pocket expenses you may be responsible for.
What is the TriWest Healthcare Alliance?
The TriWest Healthcare Alliance is a healthcare services company that partners with the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Department of Defense (DoD) to administer healthcare programs for military service members, veterans, and their families in some areas of the United States.
Founded in 1996, TriWest is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. It serves over 2.9 million beneficiaries in 28 states, including active-duty service members, National Guard and Reserve members, veterans, and their families.
TriWest's mission is to provide access to high-quality healthcare for the military community by managing provider networks, processing claims, coordinating care, and providing customer service. In addition, TriWest works with healthcare providers to ensure that beneficiaries have access to the care they need and that providers are paid for their services.
Overall, the TriWest Healthcare Alliance plays a vital role in supporting the military community's healthcare needs and helping ensure that they receive the necessary care they deserve.2
Do TriWest Healthcare Alliance Plans Cover Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
TriWest cannot pay for rehabilitation because it is not an insurance plan. However, TriWest provides rehabilitation services as a network. Those with VA health insurance, TRICARE plans, Medicare, Medicaid, commercial health plans, and federal marketplace plans can use those benefits to get rehabilitation via TriWest.
As a result, whether you are a member of the armed forces on active duty or a veteran seeking treatment for a dual diagnosis, a substance use disorder, or related, your health insurance will probably cover a portion, if not all, of the cost.3
The following are just a few of the standard services offered by TriWest Healthcare Alliance:4
- Online/telehealth services: You may receive medical attention via phone or video chat while relaxing at home.
- Inpatient Care: When you receive medical care overnight at a hospital or rehabilitation center. You will have the chance to pay close attention to maintaining your sobriety.
- Detoxification: A specialized medical procedure in which you’re looked after as your body is cleansed of any substances present. This guarantees that any dangerous withdrawal side effects can be controlled.
- Outpatient Care: Medical care received at a facility without having to spend the night. Depending on your unique needs, various behavioral health services may be used.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): Medication is used in conjunction with counseling and behavioral treatments to treat substance use disorders to assist patients with controlling cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Check Your TriWest Insurance for Addiction Treatment
Our admissions coordinators will interact directly with TriWest on your behalf, removing from your shoulders the burden of figuring out if your insurance will pay for your addiction treatment.
Does TriWest Cover Mental Health Rehab?
Yes, TriWest covers mental health rehabilitation services for eligible beneficiaries as part of their healthcare benefits. TriWest is not a traditional health insurance provider but a company that partners with the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Department of Defense (DoD) to administer programs for military service members, veterans, and their families.
TriWest's mental health rehabilitation benefits are part of the healthcare benefits it administers for the VA and DoD. The specific mental health rehabilitation services covered by TriWest may depend on, among other factors, your eligibility status, the type of coverage you have, and the medically necessary services for your condition.
Below is a partial list of some of the mental health rehab services TriWest may offer its eligible beneficiaries:
- Outpatient counseling or psychotherapy: TriWest may cover outpatient counseling or psychotherapy services for mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or substance abuse disorders.
Licensed mental health professionals, such as psychologists, social workers, or counselors, may provide these services. These services will likely include various treatment approaches, like cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Inpatient psychiatric care: TriWest may cover inpatient psychiatric care for beneficiaries who require intensive treatment for mental health conditions in a hospital or residential treatment center setting. This may include psychiatric evaluation, medication management, individual and group therapy, and other services.
- Medication management: TriWest may cover medication management services for beneficiaries who need medication, such as antidepressants or antipsychotics, to manage mental health conditions. This may include medication evaluation, prescriptions, and monitoring.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs): TriWest may cover intensive outpatient programs for beneficiaries who need structured treatment for mental health conditions but do not require inpatient care. These programs may include a combination of counseling, support groups, medication management, and other services and typically involve more frequent and intensive treatment than traditional outpatient therapy.
Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab Centers That Take TriWest
Virtue Recovery Center has been saving individuals from substance use disorders and rebuilding families for years with multiple treatment locations in several states. The Joint Commission accredits all our inpatient and outpatient rehab centers that are in-network with TriWest Healthcare Alliance. We are also HIPAA compliant and National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP) members.
Below you'll find links to all of the Virtue Recovery Center treatment facilities:
How Much Does Rehab Cost With TriWest?
The cost of rehab through TriWest Healthcare Alliance can vary depending on several factors, including the specific type of treatment program, the length of the program, and your particular healthcare plan. TriWest's healthcare benefits generally cover a portion or all of the mental health and substance use disorder treatment costs, including inpatient and outpatient rehab programs.
For example, beneficiaries eligible for VA healthcare benefits and referred for mental health or substance use disorder treatment through the VA may receive free treatment, depending on their status and the specific medically necessary services. In addition, veterans now have greater alternatives to seek treatment from recognized non-VA community care providers thanks to the establishment of the MISSION Act.1
How To Check My TriWest Coverage Levels for Rehab Treatment
Virtue Recovery Center is in-network with most major insurance companies, so verify insurance coverage simply by filling out our no-obligation, confidential online form. Next, allow a highly skilled staff member to contact TriWest to confirm your insurance coverage details for rehab treatment. Then, we'll contact you to review your policy and go over the next steps.
In addition, if you are committed to recovery, you can send a request to one of our knowledgeable admission coordinators today. A coordinator will respond to any concerns or questions you may have regarding Virtue Recovery Center’s programs, including pricing and payment option details.
How To Get My TriWest Policy To Pay For Rehab Treatment
For TriWest to pay for rehab treatment, you will need to follow these general steps:
- Confirm your eligibility: Before seeking rehab treatment, make sure you are eligible for TriWest healthcare benefits. TriWest administers healthcare benefits for eligible veterans, service members, and their families enrolled in the VA Healthcare System.
- Get a referral: To access mental health or substance use disorder treatment through TriWest, you must receive a referral from a VA healthcare provider. This referral will ensure that the services you receive are medically necessary and covered by your policy.
- Choose a treatment provider: With a referral, you can choose a rehab treatment provider that accepts TriWest.
- Coordinate with your treatment provider: Once you have chosen a treatment provider, you will need to coordinate with them to ensure that your TriWest policy is billed correctly for your treatment. In addition, you may need to give your treatment provider your insurance information, including your policy number and other relevant details.
- Understand your cost-sharing responsibilities: Depending on your specific plan, you may be responsible for some out-of-pocket expenses, including any copays or deductibles. Therefore, it’s essential to understand your cost-sharing responsibilities before beginning treatment.
How Many Times Will TriWest Pay For Rehab?
TriWest beneficiaries can generally receive coverage for multiple rounds of rehab treatment, provided that each round of treatment is deemed medically necessary and authorized by the beneficiary's healthcare provider. The number of rounds of treatment covered by TriWest may also be subject to certain limitations, such as a maximum number of days or a maximum dollar amount per year.
The number of times that TriWest will pay for rehab depends on several factors, including the specific healthcare plan you’re enrolled in, the type and length of rehab treatment needed, and the recommendations of your care provider.
Additionally, it's worth noting that TriWest’s managed care benefits are administered through the VA Healthcare System, which may have its own rules, exclusions, and limitations regarding the frequency of rehab treatment. For example, the VA may require beneficiaries to undergo an evaluation or receive additional medical clearance before authorizing multiple rounds of rehab treatment.
Can You Go To Rehab Without Insurance?
You can go to rehab treatment without insurance. If your insurance does not cover the treatment you require on your path to sobriety or if you don’t have insurance, there are several alternatives to pay for the necessary medical care.
Most treatment centers are happy to offer their clients payment plans and other funding options. If you don't have insurance or your insurance doesn't cover addiction treatment, you may be able to pay for it using some of the other methods listed below:
- Sliding Scale Fees: The price of a service depends on an individual's income, often selected to address economic inequity. You will pay less out of pocket, the lower your income.
- Community-based groups, nonprofits, or government-funded programs: These programs can involve many approaches, such as counseling and detoxification, and are typically affordable or free. Simply conduct an Internet search for your state, county, or city to find low-cost drug use disorder treatment and services.
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs): If you have a job, your workplace may provide an EAP that assists with addiction therapy. EAPs are often created to offer resources and help to employees dealing with personal or professional challenges.
- Faith-based programs: People seeking addiction treatment can find it at several faith-based organizations. These programs could use spiritual or religious practices as a therapeutic strategy.
- Peer support groups: For those in recovery, organizations like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) can offer a caring environment. These groups may be invaluable resources for support during the treatment and recovery process and are frequently free to attend.
- Umbrella Policy: a particular type of insurance coverage that increases the liability protection your other insurance policies cannot. Although addiction therapy is typically not covered by an umbrella policy, it may provide extra insurance against any liability lawsuits brought as a result of addiction treatment.
Although you might be able to obtain addiction treatment through the above options without insurance, it's crucial to remember that service accessibility and level of care may vary significantly. Therefore, it is essential to do your research, speak with medical professionals, and look for accredited providers to ensure you receive the finest care possible.
Additionally, you shouldn't let the cost of addiction treatment discourage you from enrolling in effective treatments or recovery programs. If you or a loved one is thinking about receiving treatment for a drug or alcohol addiction, Virtue Recovery Center wants to make sure you or they receive the best care possible toward your sobriety. We'll work with you to develop a manageable payment plan for unanticipated expenses.
Check Your TriWest Insurance Coverage With Virtue Recovery Center
If you’re committed to recovery, submit a request to one of our professional admission coordinators today using the form below. Before discussing the next steps, a coordinator will address any inquiries regarding our programs, including interacting directly with TriWest on your behalf to check your insurance coverage levels for drug or alcohol addiction rehab.
Using your Health Insurance Card, fill out all of the fields on the confidential form.
A member of our staff will contact your insurer to verify if your policy will cover your treatment
We will contact you promptly with the results of the verification and discuss the next steps
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note that this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee that payment or verification eligibility will be accurate and complete as conveyed by your health insurance provider. Payment of benefits is subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at the time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. Suppose your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary or that a specific service is not covered under your plan. In that case, your insurer will deny payment for that service, and it will become your responsibility.
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note, this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee payment or verification eligibility as conveyed by your health insurance provider will be accurate and complete. Payment of benefits are subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services that it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. If your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary, or that a particular service is not covered under your plan, your insurer will deny payment for that service and it will become your responsibility.
-  Mental Health and Substance Abuse Health Coverage Options.” HealthCare.gov, www.healthcare.gov/coverage/mental-health-substance-abuse-coverage. Accessed 4 Apr. 2023.
-  “About TriWest.” TriWest Healthcare Alliance, www.triwest.com/en/about-triwest. Accessed 5 Apr. 2023.
-  U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. “Community Care.” VA.gov, www.va.gov/COMMUNITYCARE/programs/veterans/CCN-Veterans.asp. Accessed 5 Apr. 2023.
-  “Substance Use Disorder.” TriWest Healthcare Alliance, www.triwest.com/en/behavioral-health/tools-for-coping/substance-use-disorders. Accessed 5 Apr. 2023.
-  Concerned Veterans for America. “VA MISSION Act - Concerned Veterans for America.” Concerned Veterans for America, 27 Feb. 2023, cv4a.org/project/va-mission-act.
START YOUR RECOVERY TODAY!
Contact Virtue Recovery Center 24/7 for inpatient treatment near you