Do Drug and Alcohol Addiction Recovery Centers in Texas Take TriWest Policies?
Military service members, veterans, and their families who qualify for the VA Community Care Network, have TRICARE coverage, or have access to VA healthcare benefits may be eligible to access care at Virtue Recovery Center through the TriWest Healthcare Alliance. TriWest has long assisted in obtaining high-quality medical care, including treatment for mental health conditions and substance use disorders (SUDs).
What is Texas Known For?
With nearly 30 million residents, Texas is the 2nd most populous state in the country, with 85% of those individuals living in urban areas.1 Cowboys, bbq, oil, and football are usually the first things that come to mind when you think about Texas. But did you know Texas has a rich history and an incredibly diverse population?
Texas stands out from other states due to its distinct history and culture, making it an iconic and significant element of American identity. Texas, formerly a part of Mexico, obtained its independence in 1836 and lived as a separate republic until joining the United States in 1845.
Various civilizations have molded Texas throughout its history, including Native American, Spanish, Mexican, and Anglo-American. Texas' rich cultural diversity is reflected in everything from its Tex-Mex and barbecue cuisine to its music, which ranges from country and western to blues and rock & roll.
The five largest cities in the Lone Star State are now Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and Fort Worth. The second-largest state has something for everyone, from top-notch entertainment to historical sites like the Alamo to the length of breathtaking coastline on its southeast border with the Gulf of Mexico.
Additionally, Texas is the proud home to fifteen military installations, including Fort Hood, Joint Base San Antonio, and Naval Air Station Corpus Christi. These bases provide a significant boost to the state's economy and support a large number of jobs both on and off base.2 Texas has a strong tradition of military service, and many veterans (approximately 1.7 million as of 2021) choose to make their home in the state.3
What is Rehab Insurance Coverage?
Rehab insurance coverage, or addiction treatment insurance coverage, refers to the specific elements of a health insurance policy that pay for rehabilitation and addiction treatment costs. For example, inpatient and outpatient therapy, medication-assisted treatment, counseling, professional medical care, and other drug abuse and addiction services may be included.
Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), most insurance companies must cover mental health and substance abuse services as essential health benefits.4 As a result, most insurance companies will cover some type of addiction treatment. The degree of coverage varies, though. For example, certain insurance plans may entirely cover the expense of addiction treatment, while it may only be partially covered by others.
Rehab insurance coverage can make getting the care needed to overcome addiction and achieve long-term recovery easier. Reviewing your insurance coverage is essential if you want to know the details surrounding your policy, as well as any potential out-of-pocket costs.
What is the TriWest Healthcare Alliance?
Founded in 1996, TriWest Healthcare Alliance is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, providing healthcare services to service members, veterans, and military families under the TRICARE program. The company is an intermediary between the military healthcare system and healthcare providers in the civilian sector.
TriWest Healthcare Alliance helps to manage healthcare benefits, provide customer service, and administer claims for the TRICARE program. They also work with healthcare providers to establish and maintain provider networks and to make sure that insured veterans and military families receive high-quality care. The company operates in 28 states, including Texas, and serves over 2.7 million beneficiaries.5
Check Your TriWest Insurance for Addiction Treatment Options in Texas
Our admissions coordinators will interact directly with TriWest on your behalf, removing from your shoulders the burden of figuring out if your insurance will pay for your addiction treatment.
Does TriWest Cover Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Texas?
Yes, TriWest Healthcare Alliance may cover drug and alcohol rehab services for eligible beneficiaries under the TRICARE program, VA health insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, commercial health plans, or federal marketplace plans in Texas. As a result, your health insurance will probably cover a portion, if not all, of the cost of substance abuse and mental health treatment services.
Substance abuse and mental health treatment services may include treatment for a dual diagnosis, a substance use disorder, inpatient and outpatient care, detoxification, counseling, and medication-assisted treatment. However, it’s important to understand the extent of coverage will depend on many factors, including the details of your particular policy, your location in Texas, and the qualifications of your provider. Beneficiaries may likely need to obtain a referral from their primary care provider before seeking care from a specialty provider.
Does TriWest Cover Mental Health Rehab in Texas?
TriWest Insurance, though not a standard insurance provider, includes mental health rehabilitation services in its healthcare benefits for qualifying beneficiaries through the TRICARE program, VA, Medicare, Medicaid, commercial health plans, or federal marketplace plans in Texas. The specific services covered by TriWest may depend on your policy and the medical necessity of your condition, among other factors.
Below is a partial list of some of the mental health rehab services TriWest may offer its eligible beneficiaries:
- Outpatient counseling or psychotherapy: TriWest may cover outpatient counseling or psychotherapy services for mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or substance abuse disorders. Licensed mental health professionals, such as psychologists, social workers, or counselors, may provide these services. These services will likely include various treatment approaches, like cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Inpatient psychiatric care: TriWest may cover inpatient psychiatric care for beneficiaries who require intensive treatment for mental health conditions in a hospital or residential treatment center setting. This may include psychiatric evaluation, medication management, individual and group therapy, and other services.
- Medication management: TriWest may cover medication management services for beneficiaries who need medication, such as antidepressants or antipsychotics, to manage mental health conditions. This may include medication evaluation, prescriptions, and monitoring.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs): TriWest may cover intensive outpatient programs for beneficiaries who need structured treatment for mental health conditions but do not require inpatient care. These programs may include a combination of counseling, support groups, medication management, and other services and typically involve more frequent and intensive treatment than traditional outpatient therapy.
- Online/telehealth services: You may receive medical attention via phone or video chat while at home.
Texas Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab Centers That Take TriWest
Virtue Recovery Center has been saving lives from substance abuse for years with several treatment centers throughout different states, including two luxury facilities with national accreditation in Texas. Residents with addiction, dual diagnosis, and underlying trauma can get residential therapy at these evidence-based inpatient drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers.
Below are links to our Texas-based Virtue Recovery Centers:
If you or your loved are still unsure if entering treatment is the proper move, you can consider taking a drug or alcohol assessment which is a often the initial step in a recovery journey. Both of our facilities in Texas offer these evaluations at no cost to those seeking help for an addiction.
How Much Does Rehab Cost in Texas With TriWest?
The price of rehabilitation via TriWest Healthcare Alliance might vary based on several factors, including the kind of treatment program, the duration of the program, and your healthcare plan. However, the benefits provided by TriWest often cover some or all of the expenses associated with mental health and substance abuse treatment, including inpatient and outpatient rehab programs.
For instance, on average, individuals in Texas may anticipate paying $1,698 for outpatient rehabilitation and $56,623 for residential rehabilitation.6
In addition, according to their eligibility and the particular medically necessary treatments, VA beneficiaries recommended for mental health or substance use disorder therapy may receive free treatment. Fortunately, veterans now have more alternatives to seek treatment from recognized non-VA community care providers thanks to the establishment of the MISSION Act.7
How To Check My TriWest Coverage Levels for Rehab Treatment
Virtue Recovery Center is in-network with most insurance providers, so verify insurance coverage easily by filling out our no-obligation, confidential online form. A highly skilled staff member will contact TriWest to confirm your insurance coverage details for rehab treatment. Then, we'll contact you to review your policy and go over the next steps.
In addition, you can send a request to one of our knowledgeable admission coordinators today if you are committed to your sobriety. A coordinator will address your concerns or questions regarding Virtue Recovery Center’s programs, including pricing and payment option details.
How To Get My TriWest Policy To Pay For Rehab Treatment
For TriWest to pay for inpatient rehab in Texas, you can follow these general steps:
- Confirm your eligibility: Verify that you are qualified for TriWest healthcare coverage before starting a rehab program. TriWest administers healthcare benefits for eligible veterans, service members, and their families in the VA Healthcare System.
- Get a referral: You need a referral from a VA healthcare practitioner to obtain treatment for mental health or drug use disorders via TriWest. Through this referral, you may be guaranteed that the services you receive are both medically required and insurance-covered.
- Choose a treatment provider: With a referral, you can choose rehab centers in Texas that are in network for the TriWest Healthcare Alliance members. TriWest offers an extensive provider network of medical specialists countrywide that adhere to the VA's criteria and regulations for superior care.
- Coordinate with your treatment provider: Once you have chosen a provider, you must ensure that your TriWest policy is billed correctly for your treatment. Virtue Recovery Center can assist with this step. In addition, you may need to give your treatment provider your insurance information, including your policy number and other relevant details.
- Understand your cost-sharing responsibilities: Depending on your specific plan, you could be liable for out-of-pocket costs, such as copays or deductibles. Therefore, before starting treatment, it's crucial to understand your cost-sharing obligations.
How Many Times Will TriWest Pay For Rehab?
As long as each round of therapy is considered medically necessary and approved by the beneficiary's healthcare practitioner, TriWest policyholders can often get coverage for many rounds of rehab treatment. However, there may be restrictions on the total number of therapy sessions TriWest will pay for, such as a limited number of days or a maximum annual cash amount.
The frequency with which TriWest will pay for rehabilitation is influenced by various factors, including your particular policy, the type and duration of rehabilitation services required, and the qualifications of your care provider.
It's also important to remember that the VA Healthcare System, which may have its own regulations, exclusions, and restrictions regarding the frequency of rehab, is responsible for managing TriWest's managed care coverage. For instance, the VA can demand that recipients undergo an evaluation or get further medical clearance before approving multiple rounds of treatment.
Check Your TriWest Insurance Coverage With Virtue Recovery Center
If you’re committed to recovery, submit a request to one of our professional admission coordinators today using the form below. Before discussing the next steps, a coordinator will address any inquiries regarding our programs, including interacting directly with TriWest on your behalf to check your insurance coverage levels for drug or alcohol addiction rehab.
Using your Health Insurance Card, fill out all of the fields on the confidential form.
A member of our staff will contact your insurer to verify if your policy will cover your treatment
We will contact you promptly with the results of the verification and discuss the next steps
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note that this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee that payment or verification eligibility will be accurate and complete as conveyed by your health insurance provider. Payment of benefits is subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at the time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. Suppose your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary or that a specific service is not covered under your plan. In that case, your insurer will deny payment for that service, and it will become your responsibility.
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note, this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee payment or verification eligibility as conveyed by your health insurance provider will be accurate and complete. Payment of benefits are subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services that it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. If your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary, or that a particular service is not covered under your plan, your insurer will deny payment for that service and it will become your responsibility.
-  “Texas Population 2023.” World Population Review, 2023,worldpopulationreview.com/states/texas-population.
-  “Active Duty Military Installations.” Office of the Texas Governor | Greg Abbott, gov.texas.gov/organization/military/installations. Accessed 9 Apr. 2023.
-  Benton, Jackie. “Military-to-Civilian Career Transition in Texas.” comptroller.texas.gov, May 2021, comptroller.texas.gov/economy/fiscal-notes/2021/may/txvets.php.
-  “Mental Health and Substance Abuse Health Coverage Options.” HealthCare.gov,www.healthcare.gov/coverage/mental-health-substance-abuse-coverage. Accessed 4 Apr. 2023.
-  “About TriWest.” TriWest Healthcare Alliance, www.triwest.com/en/about-triwest. Accessed 9 Apr. 2023
-  “Average Cost of Drug Rehab : By Type, State and More.” NCDAS, 1 Jan. 2023, drugabusestatistics.org/cost-of-rehab.
-  Concerned Veterans for America. “VA MISSION Act - Concerned Veterans for America.” Concerned Veterans for America, 27 Feb. 2023, cv4a.org/project/va-mission-act.
START YOUR RECOVERY TODAY!
Contact Virtue Recovery Center 24/7 for inpatient treatment near you