Do Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Arizona Take Cigna Insurance Policies?
Substance use disorder (SUD) treatment costs, such as detoxification, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, and long-term residential treatment, may be partially or entirely covered by Cigna, depending on the details of your individual policy. Below, you’ll learn more about Cigna’s insurance coverage for addiction treatment in Arizona and how to verify your particular benefits.
What is Arizona Known For?
Arizona, known as the Grand Canyon State, is a western state known for its beautiful landscape, diverse culture, and modern amenities. With a population of over 7.4 million people, Arizona has become one of the fastest-growing states in the U.S.1
Arizona is home to some of the world's most iconic natural landmarks, including the Grand Canyon, Sedona's red rock formations, and Monument Valley. These landmarks draw millions of tourists each year from all across the globe.2
Aside from its natural beauty, Arizona is home to several popular cities, including Phoenix, Tucson, and Scottsdale. These cities are popular not just because of their modern amenities, but also because they are home to several top-ranked universities, including Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, and the University of Arizona. Arizona also boasts several professional sports teams, such as the Arizona Cardinals, Arizona Diamondbacks, Phoenix Suns, and Arizona Coyotes while also serving as the West Coast home of Spring Training for Major League Baseball. This makes Arizona a favorite year-round destination for sports fans across the country.
Arizona's economy is diversified, with industries spanning from healthcare and education to technology and manufacturing. The state is also home to several Fortune 500 companies, such as Avnet, Freeport-McMoRan, and Republic Services.
Our facilities are proud to offer addiction recovery services to those in Arizona. Whether you are an Arizona native or a newcomer, our rehabilitation centers offer specialized treatment programs to help you achieve lasting recovery. Contact us today for more information on our signature services.
What is Rehab Insurance Coverage?
Rehab insurance supports those seeking treatment for addiction, mental health conditions, or substance abuse. It may provide coverage for detoxification, behavioral therapy, medication-assisted treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatments, and other forms of specialized care. The type of insurance policy, specific treatment standards, and other factors can all impact the coverage level.
Who is Cigna?
Founded in 1982,3 Cigna’s global health services company provides health insurance, Medicare plans, dental insurance, disability insurance, behavioral health services, and international health insurance.4 With headquarters in Bloomfield, Connecticut, Cigna has customers in the US and more than 200 other countries and territories worldwide.
The company is dedicated to enhancing the health, happiness, and peace of mind of the individuals they serve by lowering costs, establishing greater stability, and streamlining the medical treatment process.
In addition, Cigna is committed to corporate social responsibility and sustainability, aiming to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030. As a result, they have put into effect several environmental efforts, including reducing water and waste usage, putting money into renewable energy sources, and encouraging sustainable sourcing methods.
Check Your Cigna Insurance for Addiction Treatment
Our admissions coordinators will interact directly with Cigna on your behalf, removing from your shoulders the burden of figuring out if your insurance will pay for your addiction treatment.
Do Cigna Insurance Plans Cover Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Arizona?
Cigna insurance offers plans that cover drug and alcohol rehab in Arizona. However, the exact coverage and benefits will depend on the insured’s specific plan. Cigna insurance plans for drug and alcohol rehab in Arizona may include coverage for various services, including, but not limited to, the following5:
- Inpatient and outpatient treatment
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Behavioral therapy
- Prescription drug coverage
- Sober living facilities
- Programs for coaching and assistance that are specifically designed for you and your situation
- Recommendations for regional nonprofit organizations, behavioral coaches, and online sources
Remember that there may be certain limitations and requirements for coverage, such as pre-authorization or referrals from a primary care physician. Therefore, understanding your plan's specific terms and conditions before seeking treatment to avoid unexpected costs is essential.
Call 866-461-3339 to determine the details and exclusions of your specific Cigna insurance benefits.
Do Cigna Insurance Plans Cover Mental Health Rehab in Arizona?
Yes, mental health rehab, which includes treatment for issues including depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia, is often covered by Cigna insurance policies. Most of their insurance policies include mental health treatment services, such as inpatient and outpatient rehab, therapy, and other associated treatments.
The following is a partial list6 of services that your Cigna mental health rehab benefits may include:
- Individual Therapy: You’ll speak with a qualified mental health specialist like a psychologist, social worker, or counselor. Treatment methods may include cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) or dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
- Group Therapy: Meeting with a group of individuals who are working on similar mental health issues
- Inpatient Care: You’ll stay in a hospital or residential treatment facility to obtain round-the-clock care and assistance for a mental health condition
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): More structured and intensive treatment for mental health conditions than traditional outpatient therapy
- Medication Management: Costs and managed care for medications used to treat mental health conditions, such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, and mood stabilizers
- Neuropsychological Testing:7 Find out how a mental health issue affects your capacity for thought, concentration, problem-solving, or memory through evaluation(s)
- Outpatient Care: Visiting a mental health clinic or therapist's office for therapy sessions and other treatment services
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP): Several hours a day in a hospital or residential treatment center for mental health treatment
- Telehealth and Virtual Care: Online therapy sessions or virtual support groups
- Wellness Programs: Resources to support the health and well-being of members
Arizona Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab Centers That Take Cigna Insurance Plans
Virtue Recovery Center has been saving lives from substance abuse with multiple treatment locations in several states, including two nationally accredited luxury facilities in Arizona. These evidence-based inpatient and outpatient drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers provide care for those suffering from addiction, dual diagnosis, and underlying trauma.
Below are links to our Arizona-based rehabilitation facilities:
How Much Does Rehab Cost in Arizona for Cigna Insurance holders?
The cost of rehab in Arizona for Cigna insurance holders can vary depending on several factors, including the type of rehab program, the length of stay, and the specific Cigna insurance plan you have. The cost can range from a few thousand dollars to tens of thousands or more.
See below for a general outline of Cigna's four coverage tiers8:
- Bronze: You are responsible for 40% of the cost of your medical care, and Cigna will pay the remaining 60%. Additionally, this tier has the lowest premiums of all the alternatives.
- Silver: With a 30% out-of-pocket payment required, the silver tier covers around 70% of your expenses. The premiums are high compared to bronze but inexpensive compared to the following two tiers.
- Gold: Only 20% of your expenses are out-of-pocket. However, to offset the out-of-pocket costs, you also have higher premiums.
- Platinum: Platinum has the highest premiums but covers practically all your medical expenses, leaving you with only a 10% out-of-pocket expense.
In addition, it's important to remember that Cigna insurance could require you to meet your deductible or pay other out-of-pocket expenses, like copays before their coverage begins.
How To Check Cigna Coverage Levels in Arizona?
Contacting Cigna yourself can be challenging. However, you can easily verify insurance coverage by filling out our no-obligation online form or calling 866-461-3339. Allow one of our highly qualified staff members to contact Cigna to confirm rehab coverage levels in Arizona. We can then review your policy with you before discussing the next steps.
Virtue Recovery Center is in-network with most insurance plans. We have all the answers to the common questions: "Do Cigna insurance plans cover rehab in Arizona?" and “How much does rehab cost in Ariznoa with a Cigna insurance policy?”
In addition to eliminating the difficulties and wait times associated with contacting your insurance provider, our staff is committed to your privacy and peace of mind. Rest assured that any information you provide or discuss will remain confidential.
How To Get My Cigna Insurance To Pay For Rehab Treatment
Getting Cigna insurance to pay for rehab treatment may vary depending on your specific plan and circumstances. However, below are some general steps you can take to get your Cigna insurance policy to cover rehab treatment:
- Contact Cigna: Virtue Recovery Center can handle this step for you. Call 866-461-3339 or fill out our confidential, no-obligation online form
- Get a referral: Depending on your plan, you may need to obtain a referral from your primary care physician or a behavioral health specialist to receive coverage for rehab treatment. Contact your doctor to get a referral if necessary.
- Choose a rehab facility: Once you have verified your coverage and gotten a referral if needed, you can start looking for rehab centers in Arizona that take Cigna insurance policies and meet your needs. Be sure to choose a facility in-network with Cigna to maximize your coverage and minimize out-of-pocket costs.
- Get pre-authorization: Before starting rehab treatment, you may need pre-authorization from Cigna to ensure the treatment is covered. The rehab facility or treatment provider can help you with this step.
- Follow treatment plan: Once you have received approval for Cigna rehab treatment, it's essential to follow the recommended treatment plan and attend all appointments and sessions as scheduled. You risk denial of coverage or other penalties if you fail to comply with the treatment plan.
How Many Times Will Cigna Pay for Rehab in Arizona?
The number of times that Cigna will pay for rehab in Arizona depends on your policy's specific terms and conditions. However, as long as it is medically necessary and meets the criteria for medical necessity, Cigna typically provides coverage for rehab treatment.
Certain plans may cover multiple rounds of rehab treatment, while other plans may have a specific limit on the number of rehab treatment sessions or days of coverage per year. Additionally, some plans may have a lifetime limit on the coverage you can receive for rehab treatment.
Keep in mind that even if your Cigna insurance plan has a limit on the number of times it will pay for rehab treatment, you may be able to appeal for additional coverage if you can demonstrate medical necessity. Your treatment provider or the rehab facility may be able to help you with this process.
Can You Go To Rehab Without Insurance?
Yes, you can go to rehab without health insurance. Don't let the lack of insurance prevent you from getting the care you need. If you need rehab treatment without insurance, options are available to help offset the cost, including access to various state-funded and free therapy programs.
You can ask treatment providers about payment plans or other forms of financial aid. In addition, if any government or local community groups in your area promote addiction treatment, try contacting them to learn more about other options that could be accessible to you.
You can also reach out to one of our qualified admissions coordinators with a request. A coordinator will answer any questions about rehabilitation programs, including details about cost and payment options.
Check Your Cigna Insurance Coverage With Virtue Recovery Center
If you’re committed to recovery, submit a request to one of our professional admission coordinators today using the form below. Before discussing the next steps, a coordinator will address any inquiries regarding our programs, including interacting directly with Cigna on your behalf to check your insurance coverage levels for drug or alcohol addiction rehab.
Using your Health Insurance Card, fill out all of the fields on the confidential form.
A member of our staff will contact your insurer to verify if your policy will cover your treatment
We will contact you promptly with the results of the verification and discuss the next steps
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note that this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee that payment or verification eligibility will be accurate and complete as conveyed by your health insurance provider. Payment of benefits is subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at the time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. Suppose your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary or that a specific service is not covered under your plan. In that case, your insurer will deny payment for that service, and it will become your responsibility.
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note, this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee payment or verification eligibility as conveyed by your health insurance provider will be accurate and complete. Payment of benefits are subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services that it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. If your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary, or that a particular service is not covered under your plan, your insurer will deny payment for that service and it will become your responsibility.
 “United States Census Bureau's QuickFacts for Arizona as of 2021, https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/AZ.
 Visit Arizona, the official tourism website of Arizona, https://www.visitarizona.com/
 Cigna Healthcare. “The Cigna Group History.” Cigna, www.cigna.com/about-us/company-profile/milestones#1981-1997. Accessed 5 Apr. 2023.
 “The Cigna Group Company Profile.” Cigna, www.cigna.com/about-us/company-profile. Accessed 5 Apr. 2023
 “Mental Health Insurance and Substance Use Benefits.” Cigna, www.cigna.com/individuals-families/shop-plans/plans-through-employer/mental-health-insurance-and-substance-use-benefits. Accessed 19 Apr. 2023.
 “Level of Mental Health Care.” Cigna, 2022, https://www.cigna.com/individuals-families/health-wellness/mental-health-care
 Healthwise Staff. “Neuropsychological Tests.” Cigna, www.cigna.com/knowledge-center/hw/medical-tests/neuropsychological-tests-abk8683. Accessed 5 Apr. 2023
 Cigna Healthcare. “Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Health Plans.” Cigna, www.cigna.com/knowledge-center/bronze-silver-gold-platinum-health-plans. Accessed 5 Apr. 2023.
START YOUR RECOVERY TODAY!
Contact Virtue Recovery Center 24/7 for inpatient treatment near you