Does GEHA Cover Drug & Alcohol Rehab
GEHA health insurance is one of the largest health insurance plans available for federal employees and their families, including government retirees and military retirees. They offer a wide range of mental health and substance abuse disorder services, but usually require preauthorization before beginning treatment.
Does Virtue Recovery Center Accept GEHA?
At Virtue Recovery Center, we are committed to providing accessible and comprehensive recovery services to individuals battling substance addiction. It’s our mission to alleviate the burden of treatment costs by being in-network with a wide range of insurance providers, and this includes potentially accepting GEHA insurance. If you’re a policyholder with GEHA and reside in Texas, Arizona, Nevada, or Oregon, our centers in these locations are ready and equipped to support your journey towards recovery. Our partnership with various insurance providers, including GEHA, underscores our unwavering commitment to ensure quality care reaches those who need it most.
We offer a broad spectrum of substance abuse treatments that may be covered by your GEHA insurance. These include, but are not limited to, detoxification programs, inpatient and outpatient rehab, as well as individual therapy sessions and medication-assisted treatments. Each of these services is meticulously designed to provide the supportive, empathetic, and professional care you need on your path to sobriety. We believe in the power of personalized care and are dedicated to guiding you every step of the way on your recovery journey. At Virtue Recovery Center, our primary aim is to help you regain control of your life and achieve lasting recovery.
What is Health Insurance?
Health insurance is a type of health and illness coverage that pays for medical expenses, surgeries, and prescription medications. Health insurance sometimes requires the insured individual to cover the costs up front and then gets reimbursed, other times, the health insurance company pays the medical provider directly.
Insured individuals pay monthly premiums, which the health insurance company uses to pay for health care costs. Health insurance premium costs can vary greatly, depending on the individual’s health status, age, and coverage level.
Health insurance can be offered privately, through an employer, or through a government program. Health insurance plans usually require the insured individual to choose a provider from a particular network, which is a list of providers and facilities that have agreed to partner with the insurance company and offer lower prices.
What is a Drug and Alcohol Rehab Center?
A drug and alcohol rehabilitation center is a healthcare facility staffed with professional mental health experts whose job is to provide treatment for individuals with alcohol or drug problems. Rehab centers use organized programs to help patients with their addiction and provide them with coping skills.
Drug and alcohol rehab centers offer different types of services like family counseling, detoxification, therapy, medication-assisted treatment and aftercare. Rehab centers offer short-term, long-term, inpatient, or outpatient treatment, depending on individual needs.
Who is GEHA?
GEHA is a health insurance company that offers healthcare services to millions of individuals. It was founded in 1937 by a group of railway postal clerks who wanted to help others during the aftermath of the Great Depression. With the 1959 Federal Employees Health Benefits Act, GEHA became one of the first companies to offer health benefits to federal employees.
Today, GEHA offers medical and dental benefits exclusively to military retirees, and federal employees and retirees from all branches and agencies of the federal government. GEHA is headquartered in Lee’s Summit, MO and partners with millions of providers across the country. GEHA partners with Medicare and offers low-to-no deductibles and copays.
Does Your Insurance Cover Rehab?
Find out your health insurance coverage levels for rehab treatment.
We accept most insurance plans and can check your coverage levels on your behalf.
Check Your Insurance
Does GEHA Cover Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
If you are wondering, “Does GEHA cover rehab treatment?”, the answer is most likely yes. GEHA insurance provides health benefits for their members in need of help with addiction, substance abuse, and other mental healthcare needs. GEHA drug rehab and GEHA alcohol rehab supports individuals in their recovery by providing targeted interventions, ensuring that individuals have access to evidence-based treatment programs. Services include the following, but may differ, depending on your plan:
- Crisis intervention and stabilization for acute episodes
- Diagnostic evaluation
- Medication evaluation and management (pharmacotherapy)
- Treatment and counseling (including individual, group or in-home therapy visits)
- Diagnosis and treatment of substance use disorders including detoxification, treatment and counseling
- Professional charges for intensive day treatment in a provider’s office or other professional setting
- Electroconvulsive therapy (facility fees may also apply, requires preauthorization)
Does GEHA Cover Mental Health Rehab?
GEHA health insurance provides mental health rehab, through multiple coverage plans. They cover professional services given by licensed professional mental health and substance use disorder treatment practitioners, including psychiatrists, psychologists, clinical social workers, licensed professional counselors, and marriage and family therapists.
Does GEHA Cover Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
Depending on the plan, GEHA covers behavioral health counseling and substance use disorder counseling. There may be a low-or-no deductible if the services are provided via Telehealth. Behavioral health and substance use disorder counseling is also offered in person with a qualified mental health provider, either outpatient or inpatient.
Addiction Rehab Centers That Take GEHA Insurance
There are many options available to you when choosing a rehabilitation center. Before deciding, carefully consider the GEHA addiction treatment programs to find one that fits your needs. Virtue Recovery Center has many locations throughout the United States. Below is a list of locations of addiction rehab centers that accept GEHA:
- Chandler, Arizona: 111 S Hearthstone Way, Chandler, AZ 85226, United States
- Sun City West, Arizona: 13951 W Meeker Blvd, Sun City West, AZ 85375, United States
- Houston, Texas: 9714 S Gessner Rd, Houston, TX 77071, United States
- Killeen, Texas: 5200 S W S Young Dr, Killeen, TX 76542, United States
- Las Vegas, Nevada: 8225 W Robindale Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113
- Astoria, Oregon: 263 W Exchange St, Astoria, OR 97103, United States
Virtue Recovery Center’s Facilities That Accept Insurance
At Virtue Recovery Center, we understand that the cost of treatment can often be a barrier to those seeking help for substance addiction. To alleviate this concern and make our services as accessible as possible, we are proud to be in-network with numerous insurance providers. If you reside in Texas, Arizona, Nevada, or Oregon, our centers in these locations may accept your health insurance, thus facilitating your journey towards recovery. Our collaboration with insurance providers demonstrates our commitment to delivering quality care to those who most need it.
Among the many insurance providers that we may accept are UnitedHealthcare, BCBS, Cigna, Aetna, Humana, Anthem, Molina Healthcare, and Highmark. These relationships enable us to offer a diverse range of substance abuse treatments. These include detoxification programs, inpatient and outpatient rehab, individual therapy sessions, and medication-assisted treatments. Each service is designed with the utmost care and professionalism, offering you supportive and empathetic treatment on your path to sobriety. At Virtue Recovery Center, our goal is to assist you in regaining control of your life and achieving enduring recovery.
Check Your GEHA Coverage for Rehab Treatment
How Much Does Rehab Cost With GEHA Insurance?
The price of services will depend on the health insurance plan you have purchased. For Telehealth services, there is usually a no-or-low deductible. For other mental health and substance abuse disorder services, there is a small charge for each visit if the provider is in network.
If the provider or facility is out of network, then the insured is responsible for all charges. For psychological testing, the insured is responsible for part of the plan allowance, depending on your plan. Call Virtue Recovery Center at 866-461-3339 to learn more about rehab costs.
How To Check My GEHA Insurance Coverage Levels for Rehab Treatment
The easiest way to learn about your GEHA health insurance coverage is to call Virtue Recovery Center at 866-461-3339. We have an admissions coordinator available to help you to confirm your insurance coverage, and answer any questions you may have.
Another option is to fill out our online, no obligation insurance verification form. All information given over the phone or provided in the form is 100% confidential. You can also fill out our free addiction assessment.
How To Get GEHA To Pay For Rehab Treatment
Below is a list of general guidelines that may aid you in acquiring full coverage for rehab treatment. It’s important to check with GEHA for any extra steps that may be necessary. The following steps are important for making the process as smooth as possible.
- Understand Your Coverage: The first step is to review your health insurance policy carefully. Virtue Recovery Center can help with this step. Please call us at 866-461-3339 for help understanding your insurance coverage.
- Obtain Medical Necessity Documentation: Speak with your healthcare provider to ensure that you have the documentation you need if your condition is medically necessary. GEHA may require documentation for specific treatment plans.
- Obtain Prior Authorization: In some situations, GEHA may require prior authorization for treatment. This means GEHA must approve treatment or services before you start.
- Follow Treatment Plan: To ensure full coverage, you will need to follow your treatment plan as given to you by your healthcare provider. Following your treatment plan fully may involve taking prescribed medications, attending sessions, and following doctor’s recommendations. Coverage may be denied if you do not comply with your treatment plan.
- Submit Claims Promptly: If you are required to submit claims, do so properly to avoid problems such as denial of coverage. It’s important to keep copies of all documentation you may receive, like receipts or treatment records.
- Seek Assistance: If you encounter problems or need assistance, you can ask for help from Virtue Recovery Center’s coordinator at 866-461-3339 or GEHA’s resources.
How Many Times Will GEHA Pay For Rehab?
As long as your doctor deems the treatment medically necessary, GEHA inpatient rehab should be covered when you need it. The health insurance plan offers up to 16 free drug tests per calendar year. You may call Virtue Recovery Center at 866-461-3339 with any questions and for more details.
Lastly, it’s important to remember that federal laws like the Affordable Care Act and the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act require many insurance plans to cover substance use disorder treatment to the same extent as other medical conditions. However, the specifics can still vary based on your individual plan and its provisions.
Check Your Health Insurance Coverage With Virtue Recovery Center
If you’re committed to recovery, submit a request to one of our professional admission coordinators today using the form below. Before discussing the next steps, a coordinator will address any inquiries regarding our programs, including interacting directly with Medicaid on your behalf to check your insurance coverage levels for drug or alcohol addiction rehab.
Using your Health Insurance Card, fill out all of the fields on the confidential form.
A member of our staff will contact your insurer to verify if your policy will cover your treatment
We will contact you promptly with the results of the verification and discuss the next steps
Check Your GEHA Rehab Coverage
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note, this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee payment or verification eligibility as conveyed by your health insurance provider will be accurate and complete. Payment of benefits are subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services that it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. If your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary, or that a particular service is not covered under your plan, your insurer will deny payment for that service and it will become your responsibility.
Rehab Treatment and Insurance Statistics
- GEHA offers five different medical plans, all with mental health services.1
- GEHA offers unlimited online access to doctors and therapists through Telehealth services.1
Over 9 million people aged 12 and older struggled with opioids in the past year.2
- GEHA is one of the largest provider networks available to federal employees and their families.1
- Over 46 million people aged 12 or older (or 16.5 percent of the population) met the criteria for having a substance use disorder in the past year, including 29.5 million people who were classified as having an alcohol use disorder and 24 million people who were classified as having a drug use disorder.2
START YOUR RECOVERY TODAY!
Contact Virtue Recovery Center 24/7 for inpatient treatment near you