Facts to Aid You in Choosing a Drug Rehab Program
Choosing a drug rehab that is right for your situation is not an easy process. Especially since there is such a vast assortment of facilities claiming to be the best. So, how do you find a drug rehab program that will ensure your successful recovery from addiction? You must begin by thinking about your needs and preferences. Next, you want to know exactly what options you should expect or require in a rehabilitation facility. To help you make an informed decision, the team at Virtue Recovery Center has compiled this list of questions you need to ask yourself and the facility representative.
Choosing a Drug Rehab: Begin With a Personal Assessment
In the process of choosing a drug rehab, the first thing you must consider is your individual needs. Begin by exploring your thoughts and expectations.
Some of the questions you can ask yourself:
- What are the unique circumstances surrounding my addiction?
- Do I have specific needs that should be addressed in recovery?
- Am I expecting a “quick fix” or am I dedicated to putting in a little work and effort?
- What characteristics of my personality should I take into account?
- Is a residential program right for me or would an outpatient plan suffice?
- What are my thoughts about medication-assisted treatment?
Of course, you’ll probably come up with many more questions to ask about your personal preferences or needs. Remember, there are no right or wrong answers. This is all about making sure you get the treatment that is right for you.
Questions to Help You Evaluate the Facility
Your next step in choosing a drug rehab program is to evaluate the facility. Of course, not all facilities are created equal. With that in mind, some targeted questions can help you find the information you need. Some of the information can be found online, but you may need to talk with a facility representative to get other answers.
Here are a few suggestions of questions you should ask about the facility and their program:
- How many full-time, licensed or credentialed employees do they have? This could be one of the most important questions you should ask. You want to know your needs will be met promptly during treatment.
- Will I receive one-on-one attention from a licensed therapist? You want to ensure that you are not in a position to feel neglected or alone. Also, you’ll need some one-on-one time with the therapist if you are uncomfortable sharing your feelings in a group setting.
- Can I choose medication-assisted therapy or a natural approach to treatment? You don’t want to be forced to accept a form of treatment that goes against your beliefs on the subject.
- Do they offer faith-based or secular programs? This is also an important question for obvious reasons. Some people prefer a treatment methodology that fits with their personal religious convictions.
- Is the facility CARF certified? CARFis a non-profit organization that helps service providers (such as rehab facilities) improve and maintain the quality of their services. A CARF accreditation can ensure that you’ve chosen a facility that is held to the highest standards in addiction treatment.
Once you’re out of the program enjoying your new sober lifestyle, you’ll be glad you took the time to ask these questions.
Other Things You’ll Want to Check On
Of course, you want to avoid any surprises or misunderstandings that can have an adverse effect on your experience during treatment. So, the following list should prove helpful in that respect:
- Do they accept insurance or offer a payment plan or other arrangements?
- Are considerations made for physical health issues, gender, etc?
- Do they provide private rooms?
- Is the program open-ended (no specified time frame)?
- Does the program include aftercare?
- Do they provide on-site detox?
- Does the program allow for family involvement?
As you can see, choosing a drug rehab is not something you want to take lightly. Your future success in maintaining sobriety depends on the program. Of course, you must also have a strong personal commitment to becoming a sober member of society once again. In fact, with the combination of your determination and the right program, recovery is possible.
If you are ready to decide on a treatment program, contact us at Virtue Recovery Center. One of our representatives will be pleased to provide the information you seek. Any assistance you need in choosing a drug rehab is only a phone call away. So, call now and let us help you get started on your recovery journey.