Do Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Arizona Take Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance?
Blue Cross Blue Shield rehab coverage in Arizona may entirely or partially cover the expense of addiction recovery treatment. On this page, you’ll learn all there is to know about Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance in Arizona, including how to verify your specific healthcare benefits.
What is Arizona Known For?
Arizona, a southwestern state, boasts a diverse history. Native American tribes thrived here for centuries. Spanish explorers arrived in the 16th century, followed by Mexican rule. In 1848, Arizona became part of the United States. Phoenix, the capital, grew rapidly, aided by irrigation systems.
Arizona's demographics reflect its diverse history. With a blend of Native American heritage, Hispanic influences, and a growing number of residents from various backgrounds, Arizona is a melting pot of cultures. The vibrant demographic tapestry of Arizona contributes to its rich cultural heritage, fostering a dynamic and inclusive society.1
Mining, especially copper, shaped the economy, while Tucson emerged as a trade hub. Arizona's deserts, notably the Sonoran Desert, are iconic. The Grand Canyon, a natural wonder, draws millions annually, and Sedona's red rock formations captivate visitors. Additionally, golf is a common pastime in “The Copper State,2” known for its outdoor pursuits.
Who is Blue Cross Blue Shield?
Founded in 1929, Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) is a network of 34 separate health insurance companies that operate in the United States. These companies are licensed by the national organization, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA), located in Chicago, Illinois.3
Even though every company has its own provider network and branding for affordable healthcare, members can still access healthcare benefits and medical coverage in other states. For people who live, work, or travel internationally, BCBS Global™ offers various healthcare services in foreign countries to ensure they receive top-notch care no matter where they are.4
The company, along with its subsidiaries, has a workforce of over 3,000 individuals working in its Phoenix, Flagstaff, and Tucson offices,5providing a range of health insurance options, such as individual and family plans, group health plans, Medicare supplement plans, and Medicaid coverage. These plans include services like rehabilitation, health and wellness programs, prescription drug coverage, and other benefits with an emphasis on preventive care services.6
What is Blue Cross Blue Shield Rehab Addiction Recovery Insurance Coverage?
Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) health insurance may cover addiction recovery treatment. These services include detoxification, inpatient care, outpatient care, therapy, support groups, and medication-assisted treatment (MAT). Coverage will vary depending on your individual policy, the specific treatment needed, and other factors.
If you want to find out what addiction recovery services are covered by your plan, call us at 866-461-3339. We can answer questions and help you understand your insurance coverage, including co-pays, deductibles, limitations, and exclusions.
Check Your BCBS Insurance for Addiction Treatment in Arizona
Our admissions coordinators will interact directly with your insurance provider on your behalf, removing from your shoulders the burden of figuring out if your insurance will pay for your addiction treatment.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield Rehab Insurance Cover Drug and Alcohol Addiction Recovery in Arizona?
Almost all BCBS insurance policies include drug and alcohol addiction recovery, so there is a good chance that your Blue Cross Blue Shield rehab coverage in Arizona will have coverage for services related to substance abuse rehabilitation. However, benefits for Blue Cross Blue Shield alcohol rehab in Arizona and Blue Cross Blue Shield drug rehab in Arizona may vary.
Below is a general overview of the BCBS levels of coverage:7
- Bronze: This plan might be perfect for you if you don't visit the doctor often or take many medications. Although the cost of care is higher, your monthly expenses will be lower.
- Silver: This plan offers a more balanced approach to monthly payments and medical expenses. It's the recommended option if you need financial assistance.
- Gold: This plan might be a good fit if you have regular doctor visits or take many medications. Although the premiums are slightly higher, it provides more coverage and can ultimately save you money on healthcare expenses.
Various treatment options are available for addiction, depending on the severity of the addiction and your or your loved one’s specific requirements. These include inpatient care, outpatient care, and aftercare services that aid in relapse prevention.8
It's important to note that there could be limits on the number of visits or length of treatment covered. However, any limitations on mental health and substance abuse treatment must be no stricter than those imposed on medical coverage and surgical services.9
The coverage provided by your BCBS Arizona plan varies depending on your policy details and other factors. Certain plans may have higher deductibles and co-pays than others. It's essential to clearly understand what your plan covers to be prepared for any out-of-pocket expenses you may encounter during your rehabilitation. Call 866-461-3339 now or verify insurance coverage online.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield Rehab Insurance Cover Mental Health Rehab in Arizona?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona insurance plans usually include mental health rehabilitation, which offers coverage for various mental health services. These include services from inpatient to outpatient care, dual diagnosis, hospitalization, psychiatric consultations, aftercare, therapy, and more.
Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA),10 substance use disorder and mental health treatment are essential health benefits, even for pre-existing conditions. Please note that the specifics of your BCBS plan and other variables may affect the coverage details. Mental health rehabilitation is usually covered under behavioral health services in Arizona and other states.
To determine the precise coverage for mental health rehab in Arizona, it is essential to review your BCBS insurance policy. For accurate information on coverage details, including limitations, network providers, out-of-pocket costs, and pre-authorization or referral requirements, call 866-461-3339. We’ll be happy to assist you.
Inpatient and Outpatient Addiction Recovery Centers in Arizona That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield Rehab Insurance
For years, Virtue Recovery Center has been helping individuals overcome substance abuse and improve their mental health. We have several rehabilitation centers in different states, including two accredited treatment facilities in Arizona. Our centers offer free assessments and evidence-based treatment programs that are in-network with Blue Cross Blue Shield.
For further details on our treatment centers in Arizona, kindly reach out to us at 866-461-3339 or feel free to visit one of our brick-and-mortar locations outlined below:
Our goal is to assist you in achieving long-term recovery and sobriety by providing customized treatment. We place a high value on personalized care for each patient and provide the most modern evidence-based drug and alcohol addiction treatments with an understanding that each client has unique requirements and obstacles to overcome.
How Much is Rehab in Arizona with Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance?
When seeking addiction recovery in Arizona, the cost varies depending on multiple factors, including your insurance policy, the rehab program type, and the treatment length. On average, a person enrolled in a residential rehab program in Arizona can expect to pay $56,789. Meanwhile, an outpatient rehab program typically costs $1,706.11
At Virtue Recovery Center, we understand that rehab costs should not prevent someone from seeking the help they need. That's why we're committed to working with you to create a payment plan that fits your budget.
How To Check My Blue Cross Blue Shield Rehab Insurance Coverage Levels for Addiction Recovery
If you need help determining your Blue Cross Blue Shield rehab insurance coverage levels for addiction recovery, call 866-461-3339. We'll verify insurance details, including deductibles, co-pays, and any limitations or exclusions. We're also here to answer any insurance or addiction treatment questions you may have in a friendly and supportive manner.
We can assist you in reaching out to your insurance provider. We have the information and specifics regarding the frequently asked question: “Does Blue Cross Blue Shield cover rehab in Arizona?" You can also fill out our online insurance verification form below, which is 100% Confidential with no obligations and is free.
How To Get Blue Cross Blue Shield Rehab to Pay for Addiction Recovery
To ensure you receive the best and most cost-effective care, start by contacting your insurance provider or calling 866-461-3339 to confirm what services are covered under your plan and to get a clear understanding of the rehab admissions process. This will help you make informed decisions about your care.
To ensure you receive affordable healthcare for addiction recovery, it's essential to research rehab facilities in your area within the BCBS provider network that offers the specific services and level of care you need. Choosing an in-network facility maximizes your insurance coverage.
Keep in mind that some BCBS plans require pre-authorization before receiving addiction recovery services. To obtain approval from your insurance provider, seek assistance from a healthcare provider like Virtue Recovery Center. We can guide you through the pre-authorization process.
When you're approved for addiction recovery services, following the treatment plan your healthcare provider recommends is vital. This can help you achieve the best possible outcomes and ensure your insurance covers your treatment costs.
After you've completed your treatment, it's crucial to review your insurance claims carefully to check that all the services you received are accurately reflected. If you find any discrepancies, contact your insurance provider immediately to appeal the claims and avoid being charged for services that should be covered.
How Many Times Will Blue Cross Blue Shield Rehab Pay for Addiction Recovery?
If you have a BCBS Arizona plan, you can usually get coverage for multiple rounds of addiction treatments like residential or outpatient rehab, detoxification, counseling and therapy services, and medication-assisted treatment (MAT)12. However, the extent of coverage can vary according to many factors, including whether the treatment is medically necessary.
Be aware that various BCBS plans may restrict the number of treatment days or sessions they cover. However, if you believe you need more treatment to aid your recovery, you and your healthcare provider can request additional coverage through an appeal process.
Addiction Recovery Treatment and Insurance Statistics Specific to Arizona
- Recently, it was reported that around 14% of Arizona residents aged 12 and above have admitted to using illegal drugs within the last month.13
- Arizona has among the lowest rates of drug use and mental health issues in the US, with prevalence rates ranging from 16th to 25th.14
- The number of patients seeking treatment in Arizona on a typical day in 2020 was 44,825, a 42.2% increase from 2011.15
- As of 2021, approximately 10% of Arizona's population did not have health insurance coverage.16
- In 2019, the average annual premium for employer-sponsored coverage for families in Arizona was $19,966, which is not significantly different from the average premium in the United States ($20,486).17
- The number of people in Arizona who have passed away due to addiction has risen almost 700% over the past seven years.18
- In Arizona, over five individuals die each day due to opioid overdoses.19
Check Your BCBS Insurance Coverage With Virtue Recovery Center
If you’re committed to recovery, submit a request to one of our professional admission coordinators today using the form below. Before discussing the next steps, a coordinator will address any inquiries regarding our programs, including interacting directly with Blue Cross Blue Shield Rehab on your behalf to check your insurance coverage levels for drug or alcohol addiction rehab.
Using your Health Insurance Card, fill out all of the fields on the confidential form.
A member of our staff will contact your insurer to verify if your policy will cover your treatment
We will contact you promptly with the results of the verification and discuss the next steps
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note that this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee that payment or verification eligibility will be accurate and complete as conveyed by your health insurance provider. Payment of benefits is subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at the time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. Suppose your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary or that a specific service is not covered under your plan. In that case, your insurer will deny payment for that service, and it will become your responsibility.
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note, this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee payment or verification eligibility as conveyed by your health insurance provider will be accurate and complete. Payment of benefits are subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services that it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. If your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary, or that a particular service is not covered under your plan, your insurer will deny payment for that service and it will become your responsibility.
- Collins, Bill. “INTRODUCTION TO ARIZONA’S CULTURAL HISTORY.” Arizona State Parks & Trails, azstateparks.com/introduction-to-arizona-s-cultural-history. Accessed 4 July 2023
-  “Q&AZ: Where Did the Copper State Get Its Copper?” KJZZ, 10 June 2020, kjzz.org/content/1319966/qaz-where-did-copper-state-get-its-copper.
-  “BCBS® Companies and Licensees.” Blue Cross Blue Shield, www.bcbs.com/bcbs-companies-and-licensees.
-  BCBSGlobal | Solutions for International Healthcare Needs. www.bcbsglobal.com
-  “About Us.” Blue Cross Blue Shield Arizona, newscenter.azblue.com/about-us. Accessed 4 July 2023.
-  “AZBlue - Individuals and Families Health Insurance Plans.” Blue Cross Blue Shield Arizona, www.azblue.com/individualsandfamilies. Accessed 4 July 2023
- “Individuals and Families.” Blue Cross Blue Shield, www.bcbs.com/individuals-families.
-  “Substance Use Resource Center.” Blue Cross Blue Shield, www.bcbs.com/SURC
-  “Mental Health and Substance Abuse Health Coverage Options.” HealthCare.gov, www.healthcare.gov/coverage/mental-health-substance-abuse-coverage. Accessed 3 May 2023
-  “Affordable Care Act (ACA) - Glossary.” HealthCare.gov, www.healthcare.gov/glossary/affordable-care-act. Accessed 12 Apr. 2023.
-  Stilkind, Joseph. “Average Cost of Drug Rehab : By Type, State and More.” NCDAS, 1 Jan. 2023, drugabusestatistics.org/cost-of-rehab.
-  “Supporting your Journey to Recovery.” Blue Cross Blue Shield, www.bcbs.com/SURC. Accessed 4 July 2023.
-  Phoenix Rescue Mission. “Addiction in the Valley - Phoenix Rescue Mission.” Phoenix Rescue Mission, 28 Sept. 2022, phoenixrescuemission.org/about/addiction-in-the-valley.
-  “The Arizona Behavioral Health Workforce.” The University of Arizona, Nov. 2020, crh.arizona.edu/sites/default/files/2022-03/20210702_AZ_BH_WorkforceReport_FINAL_0.pdf.
-  “Over 1 Million Americans Are Seeking Treatment for Substance Use Disorder Here’s How It Breaks Down In...” https://www.azfamily.com, 18 June 2022, www.azfamily.com/2022/06/18/over-1-million-americans-are-seeking-treatment-substance-use-disorder-heres-how-it-breaks-down-arizona.
-  Statista. “Health Insurance Status of the Population of Arizona 2021.” Statista, 7 Nov. 2022, www.statista.com/statistics/238713/health-insurance-status-of-the-total-population-of-arizona.
-  “State Healthcare Snapshots.” KFF, 18 May 2021, www.kff.org/statedata/election-state-fact-sheets/arizona.
-  “Vital Statistics Rapid Release - Provisional Drug Overdose Data.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2023, www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/drug-overdose-data.htm.
-  “AZDHS | Opioid Prevention.” Arizona Department of Health Services, www.azdhs.gov/opioid. Accessed 4 July 2023.
START YOUR RECOVERY TODAY!
Contact Virtue Recovery Center 24/7 for inpatient treatment near you