Do Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in Nevada Take Cigna Insurance Policies?
Nevada, unfortunately, has a high prevalence of substance use disorders (SUDs), so it’s not unusual to wonder, “Do Cigna insurance policies cover rehab in Nevada?” Your Cigna Healthcare plan might cover some or all of the expenses. This page provides information about Cigna rehab coverage in Nevada, including how to confirm your specific healthcare benefits.
What is Nevada Known For?
Nevada, also known as the Silver State,1 has a fascinating history. Its history can be traced back to the Native American tribes and Spanish explorers. However, it was not until 1859 that the discovery of the Comstock Lode, a significant silver deposit, triggered a rush of miners and shaped Nevada's identity as the Silver State.
In the 1930s, the construction of the Hoover Dam brought stability and growth to the region. The transformation of Las Vegas after the legalization of gambling in 1931 turned the destination into a bustling entertainment and gambling hub. Today, Las Vegas Boulevard, also known as “The Strip,” is a symbol of luxury, entertainment, and excitement. Nevada's desert landscape, which includes the striking Red Rocks, offers natural beauty and outdoor activities. Today, Nevada remains a popular tourist destination, renowned for its cities, natural wonders, and the enduring legacy of mining.
What is Rehab Insurance Coverage?
Like many medical services, the cost of mental health treatment and substance abuse rehabilitation can be expensive. If financial support is needed for mental health issues or substance abuse, rehab insurance may be able to assist. It can cover treatments such as detoxification, behavioral therapy, medication-assisted treatment, inpatient and outpatient care, and specialized treatments for the insured. The extent of coverage varies depending on the type of insurance policy, specific treatment standards, and other factors. Allow us to check your insurance coverage for you by filling out our insurance verification form.
Who is Cigna?
Founded in 1982,2 Cigna offers various health plans to cater to many customers. These plans include coverage for substance abuse treatment. In addition, there are several rehab centers in Nevada that take Cigna insurance policies.3 Headquartered in Bloomfield, Connecticut, Cigna serves customers in over 200 countries and territories worldwide, including the United States. The company is dedicated to corporate social responsibility and sustainability, with a goal of achieving carbon neutrality by 2030. To accomplish this, they’ve implemented various environmental initiatives, such as reducing water and waste usage, investing in renewable energy sources, and promoting sustainable sourcing methods.
Check Your Cigna Insurance for Addiction Treatment in Nevada
Our admissions coordinators will interact directly with Cigna on your behalf, removing from your shoulders the burden of figuring out if your insurance will pay for your addiction treatment.
Do Cigna Insurance Policies Cover Rehab in Nevada?
Cigna insurance offers plans that cover drug and alcohol rehab in Nevada. The extent of coverage and benefits will depend on the details of your plan. Cigna insurance plans for drug and alcohol rehab in Nevada may include coverage for services such as the following:4,5
- Inpatient and outpatient treatment
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Behavioral therapy
- Prescription drug coverage
- Sober living facilities
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Recommendations for regional nonprofit organizations, behavioral coaches, and online sources
In addition, there may be certain limitations, exclusions, and requirements for coverage, such as pre-authorization or referrals. Understanding your plan's specific terms and conditions before seeking treatment to avoid unexpected costs is essential. Call 866-461-3339 to determine your Cigna insurance benefits for rehab in Nevada, including information about any co-pays or deductibles.
Do Cigna Insurance Policies Cover Mental Health Rehab in Nevada?
Here are some of the mental health rehab services that you might have access to through your Cigna benefits:6
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Inpatient Care
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Medication Management
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Outpatient Care
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)
- Telehealth and Virtual Care
- Health and Wellness Programs
Call 866-461-3339 to determine the details of your mental health rehabilitation coverage and services.
Nevada Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab Centers That Take Cigna Insurance Policies
Our goal is to assist you in attaining sustainable recovery and sobriety by providing personalized treatment. We value individualized care for each patient and provide modern, evidence-based drug and alcohol addiction treatments, recognizing that every client has distinct requirements and obstacles to overcome, and we modify our approach accordingly.
With multiple nationally accredited rehabilitation centers, including one in Nevada that is in-network with Cigna, we take pride in the years we’ve dedicated to assisting people like you or your loved one in their journey toward recovery and enhancing their overall mental health.
You may also visit our website or our Nevada-based treatment facility:
How Much Does Rehab Cost with a Cigna Insurance Policy in Nevada?The cost of addiction recovery in Nevada is determined by various factors such as the type of rehab program, treatment duration, and your Cigna insurance policy details. Typically, you can expect to pay an average of $62,530 per person for residential rehab and around $1,626 for a 30-day outpatient program.7 It’s crucial to remember that the above are only average costs and can fluctuate dramatically. At Virtue Recovery Center, we believe the cost of rehab shouldn’t deter one from seeking the necessary help, which is why we will work with you to develop a payment arrangement to fit your budget. Call 866-461-3339to begin your journey to sobriety today.
How To Check the Coverage Levels of My Cigna Insurance Policy for Rehab TreatmentIf you're committed to addiction recovery and want to verify insurance details, call us at 866-461-3339. Our attentive team is dedicated to answering your questions with kindness and non-judgment. Alternatively, you can complete our online insurance verification form linked below. There are no obligations, and it’s free and 100% Confidential. If you are still deciding on if starting a treatment plan is right for you or your loved, sign up for a free assessment today to help you make an informed decision.
How To Get My Cigna Insurance Policy to Pay for Rehab TreatmentWondering how to get Cigna to pay for inpatient rehab in Nevada? We've got you covered with all the details. Call 866-461-3339 for a thorough explanation of which services are covered under your insurance plan and the ins and outs of the rehab admissions process. Verifying insurance details is a critical first step to receiving rehab treatment benefits. Next, you should research rehab facilities in your area that are part of the Cigna provider network and offer the services and level of care you or your loved one needs. Selecting a facility in-network with your insurance provider is crucial to maximizing your coverage for affordable healthcare. At Virtue Recovery Center, we can assist you with any required pre-authorization processes for addiction recovery services. Following the recommended treatment plan is essential once you've obtained pre-authorization and been approved for services. This will help ensure that your insurance covers your treatment and that you achieve the best possible outcomes. After treatment, review your insurance claims to ensure all services are accurately reflected, and you're not charged for anything your insurance should cover. Contact your insurance provider immediately to appeal the claims if you notice any errors.
How Many Times Will Insurance Pay for Rehab for Holders of Cigna Insurance Policies?Cigna Healthcare plans may cover multiple rounds of addiction treatment, though the frequency and details depend on your policy and specific treatment necessities, among other factors. There may be limits on the number of treatment days or sessions covered. However, insurance carriers generally cover any medically necessary treatment. Verify insurance details now by calling 866-461-3339. We can conveniently provide information on the number of times your specific Cigna Healthcare plan will pay for rehabilitation services and more.
Additional Rehab, Substance Use, and Mental Health Stats about Nevada
- In Nevada, approximately 11.6% of individuals don’t have health insurance, with the percentage rising to 15.9% for women between the ages of 19 and 44.8
- Recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reveals that Reno has the highest rate of excessive alcohol use in Nevada. Approximately 21.3% of adults in Reno report binge drinking, a rate higher than in nearly 90% of urban areas across the United States.9
- In Nevada, 10.68% of individuals with alcohol use disorder require treatment but cannot receive it.10
- The 2018-2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) found that one-third of adults in Nevada between 18 and 25 reported using illegal drugs in the month before the survey.11
- A study conducted in March 2019 in Nevada revealed that almost half of the individuals receiving substance use treatment sought care for drug addiction, while 18% were undergoing alcoholism treatment. Additionally, 34.4% of those seeking treatment received care for drug and alcohol addiction.12
- The SAMHSA NSDUH survey conducted in 2018-2019 revealed that 1.32% of adults aged 18 and above in Nevada reported using methamphetamines in the past year, considerably higher than the national average of 0.76%.
- Drug overdoses in Nevada account for 2.62% of all deaths.13
- 2% of adults in Nevada have admitted to binge drinking. This means they consumed four or more drinks (for females) or five or more drinks (for males) in one sitting within the last 30 days. Some individuals also reported heavy drinking, which is defined as drinking eight or more drinks (for females) or 15 or more drinks (for males) weekly.14
- Nevada has a higher rate of drug use among teenagers than the rest of the country.15
- According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, in 2020, individuals who resided in Nevada and were aged 14 or older consumed an average of 3.43 gallons of alcohol per capita. This places Nevada as the third-highest state in terms of alcohol consumption.716
Check Your Cigna Insurance Coverage With Virtue Recovery Center
If you’re committed to recovery, submit a request to one of our professional admission coordinators today using the form below. Before discussing the next steps, a coordinator will address any inquiries regarding our programs, including interacting directly with Cigna on your behalf to check your insurance coverage levels for drug or alcohol addiction rehab.
Using your Health Insurance Card, fill out all of the fields on the confidential form.
A member of our staff will contact your insurer to verify if your policy will cover your treatment
We will contact you promptly with the results of the verification and discuss the next steps
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note that this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee that payment or verification eligibility will be accurate and complete as conveyed by your health insurance provider. Payment of benefits is subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at the time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. Suppose your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary or that a specific service is not covered under your plan. In that case, your insurer will deny payment for that service, and it will become your responsibility.
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note, this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee payment or verification eligibility as conveyed by your health insurance provider will be accurate and complete. Payment of benefits are subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services that it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. If your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary, or that a particular service is not covered under your plan, your insurer will deny payment for that service and it will become your responsibility.
- “The Silver State.” State Symbols USA, 27 Apr. 2017, statesymbolsusa.org/symbol-official-item/nevada/state-nickname-state-quarter/silver-state
-  Cigna Healthcare. “The Cigna Group History.” Cigna, www.cigna.com/about-us/company-profile/milestones#1981-1997. Accessed 5 Apr. 2023.
-  “The Cigna Group Company Profile.” Cigna, www.cigna.com/about-us/company-profile. Accessed 5 Apr. 2023
-  “What Is Alcohol and Drug Dependence?” Cigna, www.cigna.com/knowledge-center/alcohol-drug-dependency. Accessed 5 July 2023
-  “Member Guide.” Cigna Healthcare, www.cigna.com/individuals-families/member-guide. Accessed 5 July 2023.
-  “Level of Mental Health Care.” Cigna, 2022, https://www.cigna.com/individuals-families/health-wellness/mental-health-care
-  Stilkind, Joseph. “Average Cost of Drug Rehab : By Type, State and More.” NCDAS, 1 Jan.2023, drugabusestatistics.org/cost-of-rehab.
-  “Explore Uninsured Women in Nevada | AHR.” America’s Health Rankings, www.americashealthrankings.org/explore/measures/Uninsured_women/NV. Accessed 4 July 2023
-  Stebbins, Samuel, and Evan Comen. “Alcohol Abuse: The Drunkest City in Every State.” USA Today, 26 Dec. 2017, www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/11/21/alcohol-abuse-drunkest-city-every-state/884359001.
-  U.S Department of Health & Human Services. “2019-2020 NSDUH State-Specific Tables.” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administation (SAMHSA) CBHSQ Data, 29 Dec. 2021, www.samhsa.gov/data/report/2019-2020-nsduh-state-specific-tables.
-  Admin. “24/7 Drug Addiction Nevada Hotline [Open Now] | Confidential.” National Drug Helpline, 9 Mar. 2023, drughelpline.org/drug-addiction-hotline/nevada.
-  U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality. “Behavioral Health Barometer Nevada, Volume 6.” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), 2020, www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/reports/rpt32845/Nevada-BH-Barometer_Volume6.pdf.
-  Bustamante, Jaleesa. “Drug Overdose Death Statistics : Opioids, Fentanyl and More.” NCDAS, 1 Jan. 2023, drugabusestatistics.org/drug-overdose-deaths.
-  “Explore Excessive Drinking in Nevada | AHR.” America’s Health Rankings, www.americashealthrankings.org/explore/measures/ExcessDrink/NV. Accessed 4 July 2023.
-  “Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Agency 2019 Epidemiologic Profile.” Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, Nov. 2019, dhhs.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/dhhsnvgov/content/Programs/Office_of_Analytics/SAPTA_EPI_Profile_Nevada_2019.pdf.
-  Stebbins, Samuel. “This Is How Alcohol Consumption in Nevada Compares to Other States.” 247wallst.com, Jan. 2023, 247wallst.com/state/this-is-how-alcohol-consumption-in-nevada-compares-to-other-states.
START YOUR RECOVERY TODAY!
Contact Virtue Recovery Center 24/7 for inpatient treatment near you