Dual Diagnosis Treatment Centers in Texas That Take Insurance
Virtue Recovery Centers operates treatment facilities, including two in Texas, that offer rehabilitation programs for drug, alcohol, and substance use. Inpatient and outpatient treatment programs are available for individuals with co-occurring disorders. In most cases, these treatment programs are covered by insurance. Read below to learn more about our treatment centers, or call us at 866-461-3339 to speak directly to a care team member.
What is Texas Known For?
As of 2023, Texas has over 30 million residents1 making the Lone Star State the most populous in the country. Eighty-five percent of Texans hang their hat in Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio, ranking as the largest cities. These southern metropolitans are home to over a million residents each, with El Paso, Fort Worth, and the state capitol, Austin following closely behind. The Alamo, barbeque, and oil symbolize Texas, but there is more to this southern state.
College football is an undeniably popular sport in a state that counts The University of Texas, Texas A&M University, and Baylor University in the 37 football colleges students can attend in the state. Professional sports are also widely represented in Texas, the most popular being The Dallas Cowboys (football), Houston Astros (baseball), and San Antonio Spurs (basketball).
Texas offers unique adventures across its diverse topography; from Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo to the NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston, visitors can embark on experiences found nowhere else. As the saying goes, “Everything’s bigger in Texas”.
What is Dual Diagnosis Treatment?
The coexistence of a mental health issue with a substance use disorder is called dual diagnosis, also known as co-occurring disorders or comorbidity. The first disorder to develop can be drug abuse, alcoholism, or a mental health condition such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or post-traumatic stress disorder.2 Dual diagnosis treatment refers to an integrated approach in addressing both disorders. This comprehensive method recognizes the complex interplay between addiction and mental health issues, acknowledging that one often exacerbates the other.
In dual diagnosis treatment, professionals develop a tailored plan that simultaneously addresses both conditions, utilizing evidence-based therapies and support services to ensure optimal outcomes. By treating the underlying mental health concerns alongside addiction, dual diagnosis treatment aims to provide individuals with the tools and resources necessary to achieve lasting recovery and improved overall well-being.
What is Dual Diagnosis Treatment Insurance Coverage?
Detoxification, cognitive behavioral therapy, medication-assisted treatment, inpatient and outpatient behavioral therapy, and other types of care are frequently covered under dual diagnosis insurance coverage. Medical insurance coverage for dual diagnosis therapy often includes wellness services for people seeking treatment for mental health issues and/or substance misuse.
We advise speaking with your insurance provider directly while researching your insurance coverage to find out the specifics of your policy's coverage, deductibles, premiums, and other potential out-of-pocket expenses. Speaking with hospitals and rehab centers during your research to determine the most economical choice may also be helpful. Call us at 866-461-3339, and we'll help you find out which clinics are in-network with your insurance and which treatments are covered.
Does Insurance Cover Dual Diagnosis Treatment in Texas?
Insurance will typically pay for dual diagnosis therapy. Individual insurance providers and the patient's policy are going to determine the coverage. We also take private payments from people without insurance. Call us at 866-461-3339 to find out if your insurance will pay for treatment for comorbidity.
Medical detoxification, inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation programs, medication-assisted treatment, counseling, and support groups are just a few of the addiction-related and mental health treatments insurance can cover. Depending on the facility, various approaches may be used.
Check Your Insurance for Dual Diagnosis Treatment Coverage in Texas
Our admissions coordinators will interact directly with your insurance provider on your behalf, removing from your shoulders the burden of figuring out if your insurance will pay for your addiction treatment.
Inpatient and Outpatient Dual Diagnosis Rehabs in Texas That Take Insurance
Virtue Recovery Center operates two licensed facilities in Texas with highly qualified professionals on staff that are ready to start you on your dual diagnosis recovery journey:
Additionally, we are in-network partners with numerous national insurance providers. To assist you in confirming your in-network facilities and the coverage of your particular plan, contact us at 866-461-3339.
How Much Does Dual Diagnosis Rehab Cost With Insurance?
Depending on the patient’s coverage, the type of treatment, and the required length of care, the cost of dual diagnosis rehab with insurance will vary. An outpatient program may cost anywhere from $1,450 upwards to $11,000 for a 3-month treatment program. 3 The cost of residential treatment programs can range from $5,300 to $80,000.
In-network healthcare providers typically share a discounted fee with the insurance provider, which lowers the patient's out-of-pocket expenses. As a result of the out-of-network provider's absence of a contract with an insurance provider to split the costs and the patient's obligation to pay the full cost of care, out-of-network providers are frequently more expensive.
How To Check My Insurance Coverage Levels for Dual Diagnosis Treatment
To check your coverage levels for dual diagnosis treatment and obtain a quote on your behalf, we can call your insurance company directly. Using the information on your insurance card, you can also fill out the form, and all of your personal data is privately and securely gathered.
The treatment services determined to be medically necessary must have authorization from your health insurance provider. We will do our best to arrange for your health insurance company to preauthorize any services you might need to begin your recovery journey. Any service your insurance company determines is not essential or covered by your plan will be your responsibility to pay for.
How To Get My Insurance To Pay For Dual Diagnosis Treatment
We can assist you in confirming that your insurance will pay for dual diagnosis treatment by completing this form. The following are additional effective steps:
- Insurance Confirmation: Confirm policy coverage and request a quote for treatment by calling your insurance company directly. Call us at 866-461-3339, and we can assist you with this step.
- Provide Health Care Assessment: Make an appointment with your doctor to discuss a treatment strategy and submit the necessary papers to your insurance company. The treatment plan is required to be preauthorized by the insurance provider for to start treatment.
- Select Rehab Center Location: Select a rehab facility that complements your treatment strategy. With centers across the nation, Virtue Recovery Center can help direct you on your recovery path if your treatment path takes you outside your home state.
- Assess Individual Costs: We can discuss payment plans before you begin recovery so you can focus on your health. For any out-of-pocket costs, Virtue Recovery Center can discuss payment options with you to ensure you can begin recovery and focus on your health.
- Go All-In on Recovery: The Virtue Recovery Center's skilled staff is there to support you on your road to recovery and help you follow the programs and treatment plan advised by your doctor.
How Many Times Will Insurance Pay For Rehab?
Each patient’s circumstances determine how many times insurance will pay for rehab. This includes the details of your health insurance plan as well as the level of care necessary for you to continue your recovery journey. The medical necessity of the continuation of treatment will be evaluated by your insurance company using additional paperwork supplied by your healthcare provider. The professionals that staff our rehab centers are here to support you as you work towards a life beyond dual diagnosis.
Can You Go Into Dual Diagnosis Treatment Without Insurance?
You can typically receive dual diagnosis treatment without insurance. You’ll incur more out-of-pocket expenses if you don’t have insurance or your policy’s coverage does not include the required care. We will work with you to create a personalized payment plan to make sure you receive the care you need, and the continuation of your recovery is affordable.
Some Facts and Statistics About Dual Diagnosis Treatment
The following information are facts and statistics about dual diagnosis treatment.
- Dual diagnosis, often known as co-occurring disorders, is used for a person who is chronically misusing drugs and/or alcohol to cope with overwhelming symptoms of mental illness, or the substance addiction may be causing vulnerability of a mental health condition. Substance abuse and mental illness symptoms can develop in any order or combination. 4
- In 2020, 17 million adults in the United States had both a substance abuse disorder and a mental health illness. 5
- Experiencing these co-occurring disorders can result in the person being at a higher risk of incarceration, homelessness, and attempts of suicide.
- An individual who feels a sudden change in behavior, such as avoiding social gatherings, having problems with concentration, and having suicidal thoughts, could be warning signs to seek treatment.
- Mental health clinics are beginning to implement screening tools to determine at-risk individuals.
- The guideline for a successful recovery is to participate in integrated treatment to address both disorders. Treatment for co-occurring disorders can result in higher costs for the required services due to the increase in treatments needed.
- About one in eight (and growing) visits to the ER in the United States involves mental illness or substance use disorders. 6
Check Your Insurance Coverage With Virtue Recovery Center
If you’re committed to recovery, submit a request to one of our professional admission coordinators today using the form below. Before discussing the next steps, a coordinator will address any inquiries regarding our programs, including interacting directly with your insurance provider on your behalf to check your insurance coverage levels for dual diagnoses treatment.
Using your Health Insurance Card, fill out all of the fields on the confidential form.
A member of our staff will contact your insurer to verify if your policy will cover your treatment
We will contact you promptly with the results of the verification and discuss the next steps
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note that this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee that payment or verification eligibility will be accurate and complete as conveyed by your health insurance provider. Payment of benefits is subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at the time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. Suppose your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary or that a specific service is not covered under your plan. In that case, your insurer will deny payment for that service, and it will become your responsibility.
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note, this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee payment or verification eligibility as conveyed by your health insurance provider will be accurate and complete. Payment of benefits are subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services that it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. If your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary, or that a particular service is not covered under your plan, your insurer will deny payment for that service and it will become your responsibility.
- 1 “Texas Population, 2023.” World Population Review, 2023 https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/texas-population
- 2 “Dual Diagnosis” NAMI California, 2020 https://namica.org/illnesses/dual-diagnosis/
- 3 “The Cost of Drug & Alcohol Rehab in 2023” Drug Helpline, 2023. https://drughelpline.org/rehab-cost/
- 4 “Key Substance Use and Mental Health Indicators in the United States: Results from the 2020 National Survey on Drug Use and Health,” SAMSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration), 2020 https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/reports/rpt35325/NSDUHFFRPDFWHTMLFiles2020/2020NSDUHFFR1PDFW102121.pdf
- 5 “Substance Use Disorders” NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness), 2020. https://www.nami.org/About-Mental-Illness/Common-with-Mental-Illness/Substance-Use-Disorders
- 6 Theriault KM, Rosenheck RA, Rhee TG. Increasing Emergency Department Visits for Mental Health Conditions in the United States. J Clin Psychiatry. 2020 Jul 28;81(5):20m13241. doi: 10.4088/JCP.20m13241. PMID: 32726001.
START YOUR RECOVERY TODAY!
Contact Virtue Recovery Center 24/7 for inpatient treatment near you