Do Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers In Texas Take World Trade Center Health Program?
You may wonder, “Do World Trade Center Health Program insurance plans cover rehab in Texas?” We have all the details to answer that question and more. Read on for an overview of the World Trade Center Health Program, including its services and eligibility requirements.
What is Texas Known For?
Texas, situated in the southern region of the US, shares its southeastern border with the Gulf of Mexico. It is the second-largest state in area and population, with over 30 million residents.1 The Lone Star State is known for its iconic symbols, including the Alamo in San Antonio, Tex-Mex cuisine, and the famous phrase "Don't mess with Texas."
In addition, Texas is a diverse state with a rich and impressive history influenced by Native Americans, Spanish colonizers, Mexican settlers, and Anglo pioneers. The state’s strong economy boasts significant agriculture, healthcare, oil, manufacturing, and military industries.
Speaking of the military, Texas’ rich military history dates back to the Spanish colonial era. During the Mexican War of Independence, Texas became a part of Mexico, but American settlers later rebelled and declared their independence, establishing the Texas Army. The 28th state2 played a significant role in the Mexican-American War and the Civil War, siding with the Confederate States of America. Texas also contributed heavily to the World Wars and the Gulf War, sending troops and resources and housing several military training camps. Today, Texas continues to play a significant role in US military operations in the Middle East.
Regarding entertainment, Dallas is home to Highland Park Village, America’s first shopping center.3 Immerse yourself in the authentic Texan ambiance of this 80-year-old historic site, where high-end shops and mouth-watering barbecue come together. Also, don't miss the opportunity to see Austin's State Capitol and Houston's San Jacinto Monument and Space Center, among other noteworthy structures.
Football is king in Texas. Residents spend their Saturdays rooting on iconic college football teams across the state, from the University of Texas in Austin to Texas Tech in West Texas, there is no shortage of college football. Sundays are spent at AT&T Stadium cheering on the Dallas Cowboys or in Houston pulling for the Texans at NRG Stadium. All major league sports also call Texas home including the NBA with the San Antonio Spurs and Houston Rockets as well as Major League Baseball with the Texas Rangers and Houston Astros.
What is the World Trade Center (WTC) Health Program?
A federally financed initiative called the World Trade Center (WTC) Health Program offers medical care to people harmed by the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York City. To those who qualify, including first responders, survivors, and inhabitants of lower Manhattan exposed to the toxins released during and after the attacks, the initiative offers medical care, mental health assistance, outreach, and education.
The WTC Health Program was formed by the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2010, which President Obama signed into law on January 2, 2011. James Zadroga, a member of the New York City Police Department who died from a lung disease brought on by exposure to poisonous dust at Ground Zero after the 9/11 attacks, is honored by this act that carries his name.4
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, a division of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the US Department of Health and Human Services, runs the program, which is authorized through 2090. The program provides medical monitoring and treatment for various physical and mental health conditions, including cancer, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), respiratory illnesses, and Substance Use Disorders (SUDs) 5
What is WTC Rehab Insurance Coverage?
The WTC Health Program offers monitoring and care considered medically necessary for acknowledged WTC-related health concerns. The program also covers medically-related issues or those that result from a developing known condition. This care includes rehab insurance, which covers substance abuse, addiction treatment, and mental health rehabilitation services.6
The WTC Health Program must certify the condition for it to be covered, and it must be treated by a clinician connected to the program. Certification is the formal declaration by the program that your condition is related to your exposure to 9/11, meeting the rules and requirements.
Check Your WTC Insurance for Addiction Treatment in Texas
Our admissions coordinators will interact directly with your insurance provider on your behalf, removing from your shoulders the burden of figuring out if your insurance will pay for your addiction treatment.
Do WTC Insurance Plans Cover Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Texas?
Yes, for qualified 9/11 victims, the WTC Health Program offers coverage for substance use disorder (SUD) treatment, including programs for drug and alcohol rehabilitation. In addition, the program pays for inpatient and outpatient SUD treatments that are medically necessary, including detoxification, counseling, medication-assisted treatment (MAT), follow-up care, and support services.
You must be registered in the World Trade Center Health Program and complete its residency and exposure requirements connected to the 9/11 events to be eligible for reimbursement for drug and alcohol rehab in Texas.
Do WTC Insurance Plans Cover Mental Health Rehab in Texas?
Yes, qualifying victims of the 9/11 attacks are covered under the WTC Health Program for mental health care, including mental health rehabilitation. The program offers various mental and behavioral health treatments, including individual and group counseling, psychiatric medication management, prescription drug plans, wellness programs, support groups, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) therapy.
The program also provides outreach and education to help you understand the available mental health options and how to use them. To be eligible for coverage under the WTC Health Program for mental health rehabilitation, you must be enrolled and meet the program's eligibility requirements based on specific exposure and residency standards tied to 9/11.
Texas Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab Centers in Texas That Take the World Trade Center Health Program Insurance Policies
Virtue Recovery Center has saved lives from substance abuse and restored psychological well-being for years. We offer multiple treatment centers throughout several states, including two facilities that have achieved national accreditation in Texas. Our evidence-based treatment programs for drug addiction, alcoholism, dual diagnosis, trauma treatment, and eating disorders have been developed by expertly trained addiction treatment specialists.
Learn more about each of our Texas-based inpatient and outpatient treatment centers that accept WTC insurance policies below:
How Much Does Rehab Cost in Texas with a World Trade Center Health Program Insurance Policy?
The WTC Health Program covers all eligible individuals' out-of-pocket costs for approved services. The program covers the total cost of medically necessary substance use disorder treatments without imposing copays, deductibles, or premiums. There are also no annual or lifetime caps on coverage for required medical care. For responders, survivors, and anyone impacted by the 9/11 attacks, the program instantly covers all monitoring, treatment, and pharmaceutical costs linked to a certifiable WTC-related health condition.
If a responder has a certified condition and files a Workers' compensation claim, the program will cover the remaining costs after Workers’ compensation. Sometimes, the program will pay upfront and seek reimbursement from the settlement or Workers' compensation insurer.
The WTC Health Program provides immediate coverage for eligible recipients' first health assessment and screening tests. Then, after your primary health insurer has paid its portion, the program compensates the remaining costs of your treatment and pharmaceutical expenses for WTC-related health conditions.
The program bills your private health insurance first and then sends a charge to any public health insurance you might have, including Medicare or Medicaid. Finally, the program will cover any remaining costs when your other health insurance providers have paid.7
How To Check WTC Coverage Levels in Texas?
Completing our free online form is the most efficient way to verify insurance coverage levels in Texas. A caring staff member will contact you as soon as possible to review your WTC insurance policy and guide you through the next steps. In addition, any information you provide or discuss is kept entirely confidential.
How To Get the World Trade Center Health Program to Pay for Rehab Treatment
You must enroll and satisfy the eligibility requirements based on specific exposure and residency requirements connected to 9/11 to get coverage under the World Trade Center Health Program for rehab treatment. Once registered, you can receive medically necessary substance use disorder (SUD) treatment services free of charge since the program will cover all associated costs.
Below are the eligibility requirements for World Trade Center Health Program insurance:
- Individuals must have been present in the New York City disaster area (including Ground Zero, the Fresh Kills landfill, and the barge loading piers) in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks or around the Pentagon between September 11, 2001, and May 31, 2002.
- Individuals must have been an FDNY, NYPD, Port Authority Police Department (PAPD), or other emergency responders; a cleanup worker; or a volunteer who assisted in the response, recovery, or cleanup operations in the aftermath of the attacks.
- Survivors who were present in the area and who may have been exposed to the toxins from the attacks and their aftermath are also eligible. This includes individuals who lived, worked, or attended school in the area.
- Individuals must have been diagnosed with a physical or mental health condition related to exposure to the toxins from the attacks and their aftermath.
- The condition must be one of the health conditions covered by the program.
- Individuals must not have been covered by any other health insurance plan when they received the diagnosis or must have exhausted any such coverage available to them.
- Individuals must have enrolled in the program by submitting an eligibility application and supporting documentation to demonstrate that they meet the eligibility requirements.
To receive treatments for addiction rehabilitation, get in touch with the WTC Health Program Clinical Center of Excellence (CCE). The CCE will collaborate with you and an in-network recovery provider to create a treatment program that suits your personal requirements. The CCE will also oversee and manage your therapy to ensure you receive comprehensive care.
For some rehabilitation treatment(s), such as inpatient care, prior authorization may be required from the WTC Health Program. Virtue Recovery Center can help to verify these details for you. Call 866-461-3339 to begin the process now.
How Many Times Will WTC Pay for Rehab in Texas?
The WTC Health Program offers substance use disorder treatment and addiction recovery services without any limits or exclusions on how many times you can receive them as long as they’re deemed medically necessary. The WTC Health Program provides comprehensive and ongoing support for alcohol and drug addiction treatment to meet your evolving needs as you progress through your recovery journey.
Can You Go to Rehab Without Insurance?
Rehab is possible without insurance. The cost of your therapy may be covered by financial assistance programs or sliding scale fees determined by your income. Additionally, certain government-funded initiatives like community health clinics and state-funded rehab facilities offer no-cost or inexpensive addiction therapy.
Investing in your health and well-being is a priority, and resources are available to make rehab more accessible and affordable. Call 866-461-3339 now if you are considering sobriety but lack insurance or adequate coverage. Many treatment facilities, including us at Virtue Recovery Center, will work with you to create an affordable payment plan to ease some of the financial burdens. You can speak with one of our admissions coordinators today.
Additionally, below are some alternatives for rehab without insurance in Texas:
- Contact your state's Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) office: SAMHSA is a government agency that provides information and resources for individuals seeking addiction treatment. In addition, they can provide a list of state-funded rehab programs in your area.8
- Single state agencies (SSAs): The state government organizations that coordinate treatment services for those without insurance or with limited financial resources are listed in this directory along with their contact information.9
- Search online: You can find information about services and locations on low-cost or free treatment programs on their websites. To search for these programs, use keywords like "free inpatient rehab near me" or "low-cost residential treatment in my area" and include your specific location in Texas.
- Speak with your healthcare provider: Your regular doctor or a mental health specialist may be able to provide details about free addiction treatment programs in your area.
- Reach out to non-profit organizations: Some non-profit organizations provide free addiction treatment services. You can contact them to inquire about non-profit inpatient rehab programs or if they know of any free rehab programs within your vicinity.
- Ask for recommendations: Reach out to support groups or individuals in recovery and ask for recommendations.
Check Your WTC Insurance Coverage With Virtue Recovery Center
If you’re committed to recovery, submit a request to one of our professional admission coordinators today using the form below. Before discussing the next steps, a coordinator will address any inquiries regarding our programs, including interacting directly with your Blue Cross Blue Shield Rehab on your behalf to check your insurance coverage levels for drug or alcohol addiction rehab.
Using your Health Insurance Card, fill out all of the fields on the confidential form.
A member of our staff will contact your insurer to verify if your policy will cover your treatment
We will contact you promptly with the results of the verification and discuss the next steps
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note that this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee that payment or verification eligibility will be accurate and complete as conveyed by your health insurance provider. Payment of benefits is subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at the time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. Suppose your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary or that a specific service is not covered under your plan. In that case, your insurer will deny payment for that service, and it will become your responsibility.
*Insurance Disclaimer: Virtue Recovery Center will attempt to verify your health insurance benefits and/or necessary authorizations on your behalf. Please note, this is only a quote of benefits and/or authorization. We cannot guarantee payment or verification eligibility as conveyed by your health insurance provider will be accurate and complete. Payment of benefits are subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member’s contract at time of service. Your health insurance company will only pay for services that it determines to be “reasonable and necessary.” Virtue Recovery Center will make every effort to have all services preauthorized by your health insurance company. If your health insurance company determines that a particular service is not reasonable and necessary, or that a particular service is not covered under your plan, your insurer will deny payment for that service and it will become your responsibility.
-  “Texas Population 2023.” World Population Review, 2023, worldpopulationreview.com/states/texas-population.
-  National Geographic Society. “Dec 29, 1845 CE: Texas Becomes a State.” National Geographic, 2022, education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/texas-becomes-state
-  “The Highland Park Village Legacy”, Highland Park Village, 2023. https://hpvillage.com/legacy/
-  “World Trade Center Health Program.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 26 Apr. 2001, www.cdc.gov/wtc/index.html.
-  “About the WTC Health Program.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), www.cdc.gov/wtc/about.html. Accessed 11 May 2023.
-  “Covered Conditions - WTC Health Program.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), www.cdc.gov/wtc/conditions.html. Accessed 11 May 2023.
-  “Member Handbook - WTC Health Program.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), www.cdc.gov/wtc/handbook.html. Accessed 11 May 2023.
-  U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). “Millions of Americans Have Mental and Substance Use Disorders. Find Treatment Here.” FindTreatment.gov, findtreatment.gov. Accessed 24 Apr. 2023.
-  “Directory of Single State Agencies (SSA) for Substance Abuse Services.” Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), 6 Dec. 2016, www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/ssadirectory.pdf.
START YOUR RECOVERY TODAY!
Contact Virtue Recovery Center 24/7 for inpatient treatment near you